Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lpwilk
    • By Lpwilk 10th Jan 18, 8:03 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Lpwilk
    Persimmon part exchange
    • 10th Jan 18, 8:03 PM
    Persimmon part exchange 10th Jan 18 at 8:03 PM
    I have reserved a property with persimmon homes, and I have also agreed to part exchange my current house.

We are coming up to 3 months after reserving the property and still havenít exchanged. We have given all info straight to the solicitors when asked for it but it seems we have to jump through hoops to get to the end goal!

Persimmon sent someone round to do a homebuyers report which has come back and apparently shown damp in the house, following this they have requested that we have a damp and timber survey done at our own expense, not stating what would happen after this, whether it is just for their info or if works would be expected to commence after this.

I have a damp proof certificate from 2011 when the house was not in my hands which proves that the house has had all necessary work, this certificate also guarantees the work for 30 years. Unforntunelty after trying to contact this comepany it appears that the company has dissolved and they have set up a new company under a totally different name!

I am under the impression that a damp and timber survey would usually be the buyers responsibility and not the sellers?

Unfortunately we went for persimmons reccomended solicitor as they gave us an incentive to do this, I am now regretting this as it appears they do not wish to give us advice on the matter and are just forwarding all emails from persimmons legal team onto us!

Can anyone shed any light on the situation at all, or even issues they have had when trying to part ex their house? I just donít feel like this is the normal process!!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,561Posts Today

6,184Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin