Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bobby121
    • By bobby121 10th Jan 18, 7:33 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    bobby121
    Mersey gateway bridge???
    • 10th Jan 18, 7:33 PM
    Mersey gateway bridge??? 10th Jan 18 at 7:33 PM
    I drove over a bridge that had a toll for £2 twice while dropping someone off at liverpool airport, and then returning home to manchester..
    I went that way only following my sat nav.
    I didnt actually know utill now that theres was a toll ( i woulndnt have known the bridge was new or not!)
    however I have had a letter giving me a penalty. and saying i now owe £44 which will increase in 14 days..
    I know its not a lot of money but Im frustrated.
    Im being penalized for not noticing signs in the dark while travelling 50mph in showery rain..
    Does anyone have any experience of this?
    I dont think this is acceptable yet i feel compelled to pay because the longer i leave it, the bigger and bigger it will become...
Page 2
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 10th Feb 18, 9:42 PM
    • 8,123 Posts
    • 8,361 Thanks
    pogofish
    CM , you read the bylaws for this place yet? interesting
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    Not so much byelaws but there might be something in the actual Tolling Order/Statutory Instrument that a more able mind might want to get checked-out.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 10th Feb 18, 10:05 PM
    • 5,009 Posts
    • 60,775 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    If you go onto the Merseyflow site, select the News tab, there's a helpful statement from Trading Standards from Dec 2017.

For some reason I cannot post the link, sorry.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

Jan 18 - grocery/household to 14/1 = 38.42

• KeithP
    • By KeithP 10th Feb 18, 10:11 PM
    • 5,641 Posts
    • 4,339 Thanks
    KeithP
    Here's the link that Serendipitious couldn't post:

http://hbcnewsroom.co.uk/mersey-gateway-statement-from-deana-perchard-halton-borough-council-trading-standards-manager/
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Feb 18, 10:13 PM
    • 53,987 Posts
    • 67,651 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    http://hbcnewsroom.co.uk/mersey-gateway-statement-from-deana-perchard-halton-borough-council-trading-standards-manager/

You beat me to it, KeithP!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 10th Feb 18, 10:54 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,278 Thanks
    pappa golf
    I!!!8217;ve seen posts on Facebook of people getting it cancelled by saying signage isn!!!8217;t good enough about how to pay
    Originally posted by Ste_nova
    a person posted on facebook this morning to say that Bella Emberg was gorgeous

I also suggested that specsavers was a good idea

Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Feb 18, 6:54 AM
    • 16,644 Posts
    • 26,027 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Penalty Charge Notices are outside the remit of Trading Standards.
    Seems like Parking Charge Notices are too, given the complaints we've seen raised and the lack of any real interest/action from TS!

LJLA is also situated in Halton BC area - TS have not been so swift to issue any advice there (AFAIAA).
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 11th Feb 18, 11:22 AM
    • 2,352 Posts
    • 2,955 Thanks
    unforeseen

LJLA is also situated in Halton BC area - TS have not been so swift to issue any advice there (AFAIAA).
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    I think you need to update your geography.

Halton Borough only extends as far as Hale and does not include Speke as shown on their own maps https://map.halton.gov.uk/webmaplayers8external/Map.aspx?MapName=UDP

Speke comes under the city
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Feb 18, 11:56 AM
    • 16,644 Posts
    • 26,027 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Not far adrift.....!

Maybe it was a Halton Councillor taking up the cudgels on behalf of constituents caught out at LJLA that formed the link in my mind?

Thanks for the geography (or political boundary) lesson.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • esmerobbo
    • By esmerobbo 12th Feb 18, 6:41 AM
    • 4,693 Posts
    • 6,170 Thanks
    esmerobbo
    Not far adrift.....!
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Not far adrift at all Halton have a say as they are involved in the JLA master plan for the future. Plus the proposed runway extension will spread into their area, and some roads around the extension will fall into the footprint of the airport, maybe giving VCS a field day at their end.
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 12th Feb 18, 6:27 PM
    • 2,352 Posts
    • 2,955 Thanks
    unforeseen
    Apart from a proposed Eastern Access Transport Corridor which will be through Halton borough towards Hale, the expansion seems to be on existing airport land as a bigger arrivals and departures and to the south of the runway as aviation related employment.

There is very little, if any, space for LJLA to physically expand in any other direction without compulsory purchase of a hell of a lot of houses. They are blocked to the West by Speke Hall, the North by housing and industry but they have a narrow corridor to the East, however that is in line with the runway.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

181Posts Today

1,512Users online

Martin's Twitter