Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nissan st
    • By nissan st 10th Jan 18, 6:40 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 0Thanks
    nissan st
    mbna all round card
    • 10th Jan 18, 6:40 PM
    mbna all round card 10th Jan 18 at 6:40 PM
    So over Christmas I applied for mbna and hsbc 32 month 0 percent cards.
    The mbna card came today.It is only 0% on bt ,mt and purchases upto april 2019. And 27% there after. And only £1000 initial limit.
    But what is more interesting is at the time of application
    I was not on E/ROLL
    My only two open acoounts were at my old address that i wasnt on E/R either.
    And although my expieran was clean there was 3 recent searches on it.
    Call credit and equifax were showing 2 CCJ's etc.
    They hard searched exp and equifax.
    Hsbc also hard searched all tree cra's .I have sent back singned paperwork to hsbc and that does show the 32 month offer but as yet the card hasnt come .
    Thought this may interest some of you on sub prime cards, because marbles gave me a 450 limit at 49% .
    if you do it its done
Page 1
    • Sparx
    • By Sparx 10th Jan 18, 7:03 PM
    • 789 Posts
    • 425 Thanks
    Sparx
    • 10th Jan 18, 7:03 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 7:03 PM
    TL;DR op has bad credit history, got approved for a prime 0% interest free credit card on a lower term offer. Also waiting to hear back from 2nd card company.

Good job OP now get yourself on the electoral roll. Use the card and spend wisely, pay it back in full every month. Then you can keep improving your credit history.
    • nissan st
    • By nissan st 11th Jan 18, 6:08 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nissan st
    • 11th Jan 18, 6:08 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 6:08 PM
    So to my surprise HSBC card and pin came today.
    32 month balance transfer 0% and 18.9 % there after. £5500 limit ?
    post office advised me to check my file before applying for any more credit and marbles gave 49.9 % apr.
    95 percent on PO and hsbc eligibility checker.

I will use them wisely just very very surprised .

All loan checkers gave me 20% chance prior to these applications.
    if you do it its done
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

838Posts Today

6,624Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin