Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• J Curl
    • By J Curl 10th Jan 18, 2:54 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    J Curl
    Bungalow with Loft Extension
    • 10th Jan 18, 2:54 PM
    Bungalow with Loft Extension 10th Jan 18 at 2:54 PM
    I am currently trying to let my current Buildings and contents provider know that I have recently had a loft extension (after trying for two months and only just been put through to someone). We were a Semi Detached Bungalow, now a Semi Detached Bungalow with a loft extension. Apparently they can only select Semi Detached Bungalow or Semi Detached House and cannot "advice" us on what to state the property as. Either way to me seems incorrect and obviously want to best cover and protection for my property. If I state it as a bungalow and it burns down and I try to claim they may not pay out for the second floor OR if I state a house and make a claim, they may argue its not a house. The only "advise" they have given me is to go away and "research" what category my property falls under!!!

Please help/"advice" me somebody please.............

Page 1
    • paddyandstumpy
    • By paddyandstumpy 10th Jan 18, 3:31 PM
    • 987 Posts
    • 465 Thanks
    • 10th Jan 18, 3:31 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 3:31 PM
    It!!!8217;s still a bungalow.

As long as the building sum insured is sufficient to rebuild the complete property then you!!!8217;ll be fine.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

670Posts Today

5,345Users online

Martin's Twitter