Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • seatbeltnoob
    • By seatbeltnoob 10th Jan 18, 2:21 PM
    • 289Posts
    • 72Thanks
    seatbeltnoob
    Water butt outlet filter
    • 10th Jan 18, 2:21 PM
    Water butt outlet filter 10th Jan 18 at 2:21 PM
    I had a lot of trouble last year with a round spherical seed entering the tap of my water butt and slowing the outpour down to a drip. It needed me to dismantle the outlet tap to knock the seed out. I tried to push it out with a pipe cleaner while it was in place but it wouldn't budge.

I'd like to avoid that again as it's really fidgity. Is there a filter of some sort that I can use to stop detritus material from clogging up the outlet tap?
Page 1
    • greatgimpo
    • By greatgimpo 10th Jan 18, 2:24 PM
    • 737 Posts
    • 1,054 Thanks
    greatgimpo
    • 10th Jan 18, 2:24 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 2:24 PM
    Put a stocking over the drainpipe outlet!
    • seatbeltnoob
    • By seatbeltnoob 10th Jan 18, 4:12 PM
    • 289 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    seatbeltnoob
    • 10th Jan 18, 4:12 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 4:12 PM
    you mean drainpipe inlet. No thanks. Stocking is too fine a mesh and the tiny matter will clog it.

One option is to buy a m21 plastic threaded nut, floe a 15cm long tube to it, seal the other end of the tube and drill 4mm holes into the tube and attached it to the threaded inlet of the tap. The problem is I can;t buy this m21 nut without having to spend £3 on a new tap.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,938Posts Today

10,623Users online

Martin's Twitter