Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sconeyj
    • By Sconeyj 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 40Thanks
    Sconeyj
    NatWest £125 switch incentive
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    NatWest £125 switch incentive 10th Jan 18 at 1:56 PM
    Just as I thought I'd exhausted every bank...up pops NatWest with a switch offer! £125 for switching, and no direct debits required. All you need to do is:
    • switch a non-NatWest account
    • deposit £1,500
    All before 16 March (although you need to apply for the account by 16 February).

Happy days!
Page 9
    • CavendishWobble
    • By CavendishWobble 12th Jan 18, 2:09 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    CavendishWobble
    Applied yesterday after B account payed in and the process has started!

I wouldnt expect NatWest to have purposely timed this offer to coincide with the B accounts being paid as this would attract those wishing to switch straight away and hence alot of switches they would not keep for that long.
    Save £12k in 2018 = £0/£15,000 (0%) #TBC
    Virtual Sealed Pot = £6.28/£200 #11
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2018 #19 £22.38
    £1 a Day Challenge = £8/£668

Starting: Jan'17: £33,729
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 12th Jan 18, 2:10 PM
    • 4,029 Posts
    • 8,217 Thanks
    EachPenny
    I really don't want to add to my collection.
    Is the card reader same as Ulster bank/Tesco/Nationwide?
    Originally posted by soulsaver
    Yes, but you have to ask NatWest for one before they will allow you to activate one on your account. Once you make the request you have to wait two or three days, then you can activate your existing bank's reader with NatWest. My new NatWest one turned up about a week later - it is still in it's box.

P.s. I didn't know Tesco's use card readers??
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 12th Jan 18, 3:03 PM
    • 4,029 Posts
    • 8,217 Thanks
    EachPenny
    Well meant I know but I'll hang on a few days in case I receive something before I do anything.
    I know the offer may have disappeared in that time but I'd rather not (potentially) take a(nother) hit on my credit file.
    Originally posted by veryintrigued
    I asked why no confirmation email - apparently their system is not always good at sending them out, there could be a 24 or even 48 hour delay.

Phoning the online application team will provide confirmation of whether the application has been received and what the current status is.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
    • badger09
    • By badger09 12th Jan 18, 4:06 PM
    • 5,589 Posts
    • 5,034 Thanks
    badger09
    Yes, but you have to ask NatWest for one before they will allow you to activate one on your account. Once you make the request you have to wait two or three days, then you can activate your existing bank's reader with NatWest. My new NatWest one turned up about a week later - it is still in it's box.

P.s. I didn't know Tesco's use card readers??
    Originally posted by EachPenny
    In that case, I wonder if my very old one, from when I had an ISA with them, will work.

Tesco used to use card readers. Thankfully, they don't now.
    • bluehydrangeas
    • By bluehydrangeas 12th Jan 18, 4:10 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    bluehydrangeas
    I've uploaded my document photos to Natwest. Just had an email to say the application will take 3-5 days to be processed. Knowing my luck, the offer will have been pulled by then.
    • gingercordial
    • By gingercordial 12th Jan 18, 4:11 PM
    • 1,051 Posts
    • 1,057 Thanks
    gingercordial
    I succumbed to curiosity (or concern) at the lack of any contact and called the switching team. Took about ten minutes on hold so I think they are getting busier.

My existing customer switch done online last night was "put onto the system today" so there seems to be a manual process involved. I was told I should get "regular text updates on progress" although not specified when those actually start happening, ha ha.

Slightly worryingly the chap (nor the system) didn't ask me any security questions!

Anyway I'll leave them to get on with it now
    • badger09
    • By badger09 12th Jan 18, 4:17 PM
    • 5,589 Posts
    • 5,034 Thanks
    badger09
    Question for anyone who had to upload photo ID on Digidocs:

How long did you have to wait to be told whether upload was successful or not?

If it was successful, what happened next?

My 1st attempt apparently wasn't clear enough, but it only took 2 hours to tell me.

Uploaded 2nd attempt around 17.20 yesterday and apart from the 'Your docs have arrived safely' message, I haven't heard any more.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 12th Jan 18, 4:35 PM
    • 5,589 Posts
    • 5,034 Thanks
    badger09
    Question for anyone who had to upload photo ID on Digidocs:

How long did you have to wait to be told whether upload was successful or not?

If it was successful, what happened next?

My 1st attempt apparently wasn't clear enough, but it only took 2 hours to tell me.

Uploaded 2nd attempt around 17.20 yesterday and apart from the 'Your docs have arrived safely' message, I haven't heard any more.
    Originally posted by badger09
    Just received sms saying my docs have been accepted, my account approved and will be available within the next working day.

Slightly worried though as it also says my mobile number has been updated as requested on 12/1/18, and message sent to new and old mobile number. I haven't asked for my number to be changed
    • Nicholas
    • By Nicholas 12th Jan 18, 4:56 PM
    • 475 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    Nicholas
    I've uploaded my document photos to Natwest. Just had an email to say the application will take 3-5 days to be processed. Knowing my luck, the offer will have been pulled by then.
    Originally posted by bluehydrangeas
    Condition 1(a) of switching terms states:

1. Whoís eligible for the offer?
    Youíre eligible for this offer if you:
    (a) apply for a Select, Reward, Reward Silver, Reward Platinum or Reward Black account (Ďeligible accountí) via natwest.com or through the NatWest mobile app between 10 January and 16 February 2018; or

Apply is not the same as opened. If the offer got pulled tomorrow, you'd still be OK as long as the account was opened in time for the last switch date of 16 March.
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 12th Jan 18, 5:01 PM
    • 7,418 Posts
    • 9,626 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan

I wouldnt expect NatWest to have purposely timed this offer to coincide with the B accounts being paid as this would attract those wishing to switch straight away and hence alot of switches they would not keep for that long.
    Originally posted by CavendishWobble

"NatWest has launched its first switch incentive in almost a decade"
    • ToTo Man
    • By ToTo Man 12th Jan 18, 5:12 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    ToTo Man
    So, after speaking to the bank last night and being told I had to sign the forms, I recieve a text and an email asking me to upload documents
    Originally posted by wizzywig27
    My wife received a similar email today, so she uploaded front & back images of her Drivers Licence and "electronically signed" (i.e. ticked the checkbox on) her application form. The submission was processed successfully and she then received the following confirmation email:

"Thanks for sending us your documents for your NatWest Personal Current Account application.

We will use this information to carry out our further checks and to progress your application. This takes 3-5 days but will only take place once we've received all the information from all parties involved.

If you have provided your required documents and signed any requested forms online, you don't need to provide this again by post or in branch."
    Last edited by ToTo Man; 12-01-2018 at 5:34 PM.
    • harz99
    • By harz99 12th Jan 18, 5:44 PM
    • 2,565 Posts
    • 2,493 Thanks
    harz99
    So, after speaking to the bank last night and being told I had to sign the forms, I recieve a text and an email asking me to upload documents
    Originally posted by wizzywig27

Same here, although I'd rather go into the local branch really. Oh well.
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 12th Jan 18, 6:24 PM
    • 7,418 Posts
    • 9,626 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan
    Same here, although I'd rather go into the local branch really. Oh well.
    Originally posted by harz99
    I firstly stood in a long queue, Cashier then informed me wasnt something she could do, I waited for someone from another level to be free, walked up several flights of stairs, he didnt know what he was doing, someone came to help still took protracted amount of time.

I indicated on application form preference to take ID to a branch, still received email and texts trying to encourage me to upload ID
    • youngretired
    • By youngretired 12th Jan 18, 6:26 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    youngretired
    I opened 2 sole accounts today for my mum and dad and the whole application was done online in one go. Applied, accepted, new accounts details provided and online registered.

This is different to my sister who had email afterwards for ID and myself who must be waiting for documents in post as a joint account.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 12th Jan 18, 6:33 PM
    • 5,589 Posts
    • 5,034 Thanks
    badger09
    I opened 2 sole accounts today for my mum and dad and the whole application was done online in one go. Applied, accepted, new accounts details provided and online registered.

This is different to my sister who had email afterwards for ID and myself who must be waiting for documents in post as a joint account.
    Originally posted by youngretired
    No request for any ID for mum & dad at all? Are they already customers?
    • Snowbelle
    • By Snowbelle 12th Jan 18, 6:44 PM
    • 328 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    Snowbelle

I applied yesterday and was accepted and received email. When applying I had to give details of either a credit or debit card (I noticed they have taken an amount from this - I assume this will be returned) plus the number on my passport.
    Today I was able to log into my account and see a message asking me to print out a form and post it to them as they need my signature.
    Last edited by Snowbelle; 12-01-2018 at 7:12 PM.
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 12th Jan 18, 6:44 PM
    • 2,006 Posts
    • 1,455 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    I received this request for proof of ID and signature too.

Really uncomfortable with an institution having a full photo of all my passport details (and the upload kept failing) so requested call back and they're sending the paper copy to sign.
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 12th Jan 18, 6:44 PM
    • 2,483 Posts
    • 3,128 Thanks
    ceredigion
    No request for any ID for mum & dad at all? Are they already customers?
    Originally posted by badger09

can't speak for youngretired but our applications have been approved and accounts opened with no request for any ID. Presumably they did it electronically and never banked there before.
    • youngretired
    • By youngretired 12th Jan 18, 6:51 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    youngretired
    Like Snowbelle during the application you had to provide a card number and ID document number, but haven't received an email requesting it yet, so will get them to log in tomorrow and see if they have had a message. We did ask for online ID when it asked if by online or post.

No neither have banked with Natwest before.
    • Snowbelle
    • By Snowbelle 12th Jan 18, 7:10 PM
    • 328 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    Snowbelle
    Like Snowbelle during the application you had to provide a card number and ID document number, but haven't received an email requesting it yet, so will get them to log in tomorrow and see if they have had a message. We did ask for online ID when it asked if by online or post.

No neither have banked with Natwest before.
    Did you notice if they have taken any money from the card you provided?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

980Posts Today

7,797Users online

Martin's Twitter