Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sconeyj
    • By Sconeyj 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 39Thanks
    Sconeyj
    NatWest 125 switch incentive
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    NatWest 125 switch incentive 10th Jan 18 at 1:56 PM
    Just as I thought I'd exhausted every bank...up pops NatWest with a switch offer! 125 for switching, and no direct debits required. All you need to do is:
    • switch a non-NatWest account
    • deposit 1,500
    All before 16 March (although you need to apply for the account by 16 February).

Happy days!
Page 10
    • gocat
    • By gocat 12th Jan 18, 7:19 PM
    • 4,798 Posts
    • 56,992 Thanks
    gocat
    Got OH and mine confirmation email that the switch has been started. But still no sign of my select account on my online banking list. Hopefully will appear soon or else nowhere to put the 1500 requirement
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 12th Jan 18, 7:23 PM
    • 29,674 Posts
    • 17,631 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    Did you notice if they have taken any money from the card you provided?
    Originally posted by Snowbelle
    They assure you during the application that they won't take anything. It's purely for ID, the same as it is when signing up to Noddle/Clearscore etc.
    • Snowbelle
    • By Snowbelle 12th Jan 18, 7:24 PM
    • 328 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    Snowbelle
    They assure you during the application that they won't take anything. It's purely for ID, the same as it is when signing up to Noddle/Clearscore etc.
    Originally posted by YorkshireBoy
    I noticed that but 1.01 has been taken from the account.
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 12th Jan 18, 7:38 PM
    • 29,674 Posts
    • 17,631 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    I noticed that but 1.01 has been taken from the account.
    I don't think they take it, they go through a pre-authorise, which drops off after a couple of days. In other words it'll reflect in your available balance, not your balance. That's my experience anyway.
    • moneyfoolish
    • By moneyfoolish 12th Jan 18, 8:02 PM
    • 469 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    moneyfoolish
    We've got loads of current accounts but they are all paying interest i.e. 3 Santander, 3 BOS, 2 Tesco, 2 TSB and 1 First Direct with Regular Saver. The only one I'd really want to transfer is with Yorkshire but I won't get the payment for a while yet. I had been a NatWest customer for many years before I switch to Halifax a few years ago so I went to open the account to give me more time to switch from Yorkshire. I said I was a new customer but as soon as input my name and address details I was recognised as being a former customer and was told to re-apply as an existing customer as they already had my details! However, when I do that they want my account details or my logon details for online banking and I obviously don't have any now! Par for the couse for banks IT systems!! I'm not messing about and being held on the telephone for half-an-hour at a time so I guess I'll probably give this one a miss! As a matter on interest on switching what is everybody with multiple current accounts and credit cards answering when they are asked for their current bank account and number of credit cards. I've got lots of different current accounts opened on different dates and they normally only ask for one and when it was opened and I've got so many credit cards (most only used when they were interest free) that I'm actually not sure how many there are!
    • Tractorman123
    • By Tractorman123 12th Jan 18, 8:30 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Tractorman123
    I started my application last night, got most of the way through, saying my application was successful and was filling in the details from the bank that I was switching from, then it flung up an error code and saying the service was unavailable, it was 10pm so I wondered if I was too late at night to complete it?
    Phoned up the number that was with the error code tonight and the woman told me to phone the new accounts number tomorrow (missed it tonight, after 8pm!) and hopefully they will sort it.
    Don't want to start another application in case this one has gone through and just needs the switch part taken care if!!
    • Nationwide8
    • By Nationwide8 12th Jan 18, 8:36 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 136 Thanks
    Nationwide8
    Applied this afternoon as a new customer switching an old dormant Santander Everyday current account for the Select account
    All seems OK Have a sort code,account no,e mail to confirm account acceptance and switch.

But when I try and log in to natwest.com it generates a page indicating a "privacy error" ( am not on a shared computer or internet connection ) and something about *nwolb*
    Anyone any ideas ? Never had this with any other bank.
    Last edited by Nationwide8; 12-01-2018 at 8:48 PM.
    • youngretired
    • By youngretired 12th Jan 18, 8:53 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 64 Thanks
    youngretired
    Yes both accounts have had 1.01 debited today. Luckily we gave the cards that they are switching, so as long as the funds appear back in the account or new account then no worries.
    • Snowbelle
    • By Snowbelle 12th Jan 18, 9:03 PM
    • 328 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    Snowbelle
    I don't think they take it, they go through a pre-authorise, which drops off after a couple of days. In other words it'll reflect in your available balance, not your balance. That's my experience anyway.
    I know what you are saying but this has definitely been taken from the account and the balance shows this. I'll just see if it goes back in the next couple of days. As you said before there was a message saying they do not take any money from the card but they have done in this case which I find a bit annoying.
    • Snowbelle
    • By Snowbelle 12th Jan 18, 9:06 PM
    • 328 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    Snowbelle
    Applied this afternoon as a new customer switching an old dormant Santander Everyday current account for the Select account
    All seems OK Have a sort code,account no,e mail to confirm account acceptance and switch.

But when I try and log in to natwest.com it generates a page indicating a "privacy error" ( am not on a shared computer or internet connection ) and something about *nwolb*
    Anyone any ideas ? Never had this with any other bank.
    Originally posted by Nationwide8
    I applied and got accepted yesterday with account number and sort code and also set up online banking during the process but was not able to log into the account until today - not sure if this is any help to you?
    • Nationwide8
    • By Nationwide8 12th Jan 18, 9:14 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 136 Thanks
    Nationwide8
    I applied and got accepted yesterday with account number and sort code and also set up online banking during the process but was not able to log into the account until today - not sure if this is any help to you?
    Thanks Yes will give it a go tomorrow It's just when I press log in it goes straight to this *nwolb* warning page
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 12th Jan 18, 9:35 PM
    • 29,674 Posts
    • 17,631 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    Thanks Yes will give it a go tomorrow It's just when I press log in it goes straight to this *nwolb* warning page
    Originally posted by Nationwide8
    NWOLB = NatWest Online Banking (nothing sinister )
    • Nationwide8
    • By Nationwide8 12th Jan 18, 9:46 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 136 Thanks
    Nationwide8
    NWOLB = NatWest Online Banking (nothing sinister )
    Ahh Yes It's just this "privacy error" and "your connection is not secure" "attackers may be trying to steal your information from www.nwolb.com" is throwing me ... hmmmm

Am using Kindle Fire if that has anything to do with anything,wondering about browsers etc
    Last edited by Nationwide8; 12-01-2018 at 9:56 PM.
    • No_6
    • By No_6 12th Jan 18, 9:51 PM
    • 543 Posts
    • 112 Thanks
    No_6
    On a subject like this when people can make money,
    you always get the one's that have been on here for 2,3 4 5 years
    with a 1 or 2 or hundreds of posts, that suddenly come online, to
    cause confusion for any body new !!! ?

It is the internet, don't trust anything you READ.

I reckon YB in a IRobot
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 12th Jan 18, 11:00 PM
    • 4,038 Posts
    • 38,279 Thanks
    Katiehound
    As a matter on interest on switching what is everybody with multiple current accounts and credit cards answering when they are asked for their current bank account and number of credit cards. I've got lots of different current accounts opened on different dates and they normally only ask for one and when it was opened and I've got so many credit cards (most only used when they were interest free) that I'm actually not sure how many there are!
    Originally posted by moneyfoolish
    I answered the Q for existing a/c with my main a/c number- not the one I am switching- (especially as it is the a/c I have held for the longest term)

I do know how many credit cards I have- that's a question that has come up with Lloyds fraud dept- so I want to get it right!!

No money out my a/c........
    Last edited by Katiehound; 12-01-2018 at 11:03 PM.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

2018 Wombling .... Entrant 8 ... 470 More
    • Frogletina
    • By Frogletina 12th Jan 18, 11:05 PM
    • 2,894 Posts
    • 10,811 Thanks
    Frogletina
    ! As a matter on interest on switching what is everybody with multiple current accounts and credit cards answering when they are asked for their current bank account and number of credit cards. I've got lots of different current accounts opened on different dates and they normally only ask for one and when it was opened and I've got so many credit cards (most only used when they were interest free) that I'm actually not sure how many there are!
    Originally posted by moneyfoolish
    I gave details of the current account I wanted switching and the correct number of credit cards that I had. I think that because I hadn't had the account for long I was not offered an overdraft, but I'm not worried about that.

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first

SPC 8 #441 1567.31 SPC 9 #441 1014.64 SPC 10 #441 1164.13
    • anna42hmr
    • By anna42hmr 12th Jan 18, 11:11 PM
    • 2,427 Posts
    • 1,017 Thanks
    anna42hmr
    I know what you are saying but this has definitely been taken from the account and the balance shows this. I'll just see if it goes back in the next couple of days. As you said before there was a message saying they do not take any money from the card but they have done in this case which I find a bit annoying.
    Same for me too, my yorkshire account is showing a debit today too as opposed to an earmark.
    MFW # 105

2015 Target 7000/ Overpaid 8095
    2016 Target 6000 / Overpaid 6983.24
    2017 Target 3500 / Overpaid 3583.12
    2018 Target 2500
    • anna42hmr
    • By anna42hmr 13th Jan 18, 8:24 AM
    • 2,427 Posts
    • 1,017 Thanks
    anna42hmr
    well logged into yorkshire and the 1.01 has disappeared completely no mention of it in or out at all, as if it never happens, I am now wondering if displaying it as if its normal transaction is just how yorkshire shows pending/pre authorised debit card transaction (as cannot find any where to see earmarked payments, unlike on some of my other accounts, can't find a seperate listing on the app or internet banking to view them).
    MFW # 105

2015 Target 7000/ Overpaid 8095
    2016 Target 6000 / Overpaid 6983.24
    2017 Target 3500 / Overpaid 3583.12
    2018 Target 2500
    • LuSiVe
    • By LuSiVe 13th Jan 18, 8:31 AM
    • 815 Posts
    • 1,091 Thanks
    LuSiVe
    I do know how many credit cards I have- that's a question that has come up with Lloyds fraud dept- so I want to get it right!!
    Originally posted by Katiehound
    By my count I've got 15 credit cards but their number went way higher than that so I'm fine

(I don't think I've got or ever had a NatWest one though...)
    • Snowbelle
    • By Snowbelle 13th Jan 18, 8:31 AM
    • 328 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    Snowbelle
    well logged into yorkshire and the 1.01 has disappeared completely no mention of it in or out at all, as if it never happens, I am now wondering if displaying it as if its normal transaction is just how yorkshire shows pending/pre authorised debit card transaction (as cannot find any where to see earmarked payments, unlike on some of my other accounts, can't find a seperate listing on the app or internet banking to view them).
    Originally posted by anna42hmr
    Same here.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

465Posts Today

5,770Users online

Martin's Twitter