Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• candy_kidd
    • By candy_kidd 10th Jan 18, 1:50 PM
    • 25Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Quick Question - Maiden Name/Married Name
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:50 PM
    Quick Question - Maiden Name/Married Name 10th Jan 18 at 1:50 PM
    So I wanted to know if I ask for a search to be undertaken in my married name only would this leave a footprint or have any issues with old debt from my maiden name... I know its an odd question but I had some bad debt when I was younger, my credit is perfect now and I am very happy with this, Id like to see if I was ever miss sold PPI but I am worried if I open up this door old debt will be out to get me..

Hope that makes scene
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 15,976 Posts
    • 16,966 Thanks
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    If you were to proactively contact a lender who you had previously hidden from and owed money to, then they could potentially ask you to repay your debts.

But obviously you wouldn't be complaining about PPI to such lenders, as any redress would come off what you owe in any case.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

765Posts Today

7,093Users online

Martin's Twitter