Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Samb306
    • By Samb306 10th Jan 18, 1:07 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Samb306
    Settled 50/50 even though it was obviously the other persons fault
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:07 PM
    Settled 50/50 even though it was obviously the other persons fault 10th Jan 18 at 1:07 PM
    My daughter had a car accident on a main road, where a car drove into the back of her. Her insurance company have settled the claim 50/50 without advising her.
    At the time of the accident, her insurers advised her that the other driver said that she had changed lanes suddenly, causing the accident. My daughter then sent in photos proving where her car was after the accident, within the temporary marked lanes due to roadworks. When her insurers received this, they agreed with her that her car was positioned in the correct lane, not as the other party had claimed, across 2 lanes. However, they still decided to settle the claim 50/50 without advising her.
    Unfortunately, she is also fighting another claim, where she was driving along her road, when a neighbour reversed out of his driveway into her path, now claiming that there was a witness to say she was speeding, and there were no witnesses apparent at the time of the accident. He has since cut down a row of trees to improve his visibility.
    My daughter will now be facing a huge insurance renewal premium, as the first accident is still unsettled and the second one has been settled 50/50.
    Having worked in insurance for many years, along time ago, I am furious that they can treat a clearly non fault accident as 50/50. As I have lived abroad for the last 16 years, I am completely out of touch as to how she should deal with this, can someone offer any advice?
    Last edited by Samb306; 10-01-2018 at 1:10 PM. Reason: Further evidence of guilt of neighbour
Page 1
    • ConMan
    • By ConMan 10th Jan 18, 1:15 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    ConMan
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:15 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:15 PM
    They should've told her, so I'd complaint about that. Your daughters insurance will have the power to settle the claim how they see, providing they've been reasonable.
    • Samb306
    • By Samb306 11th Jan 18, 12:50 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Samb306
    • 11th Jan 18, 12:50 PM
    Skylark??
    • 11th Jan 18, 12:50 PM
    Having put this thread on here about the accident my daughter had, I received a call from what sounded like a recorded message from a company called Skylark, saying that I had had a non fault accident. How have they managed to get my phone number as I live abroad!
    Please can someone from MSE address this, I do not find it acceptable.

Thank you
    Last edited by Samb306; 11-01-2018 at 12:52 PM. Reason: queried my reasoning
    • CommitedToChange
    • By CommitedToChange 11th Jan 18, 12:54 PM
    • 1,213 Posts
    • 3,838 Thanks
    CommitedToChange
    • 11th Jan 18, 12:54 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 12:54 PM
    Did you put your phone number on your profile?
    Attempting to buy a house
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Jan 18, 1:29 PM
    • 34,127 Posts
    • 18,080 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Jan 18, 1:29 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 1:29 PM
    Having put this thread on here about the accident my daughter had, I received a call from what sounded like a recorded message from a company called Skylark, saying that I had had a non fault accident. How have they managed to get my phone number as I live abroad!

Thank you
    Originally posted by Samb306
    Why do you think MSE can address this issue - getting cold calls regarding an accident you had in the last three years is a regular occurrence these days.

Just block them!!
    • Comms69
    • By Comms69 11th Jan 18, 1:58 PM
    • 1,797 Posts
    • 1,632 Thanks
    Comms69
    • 11th Jan 18, 1:58 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 1:58 PM

Thank you
    Originally posted by Samb306
    Really??? You think MSE gave out your details?........
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 11th Jan 18, 2:17 PM
    • 4,168 Posts
    • 3,124 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:17 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 2:17 PM
    computer dialling numbers and recorded message when you answer. Common practice nowadays.

A percentage of people will have had such an accident and will contact them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

174Posts Today

1,355Users online

Martin's Twitter