Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• sararaheasther1
    • By sararaheasther1 10th Jan 18, 12:39 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    WY Parking Enforcement - PCN for Permit Holder
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:39 PM
    WY Parking Enforcement - PCN for Permit Holder 10th Jan 18 at 12:39 PM
    This is my first time ever posting on any thread or board and I hope you can help. Today I got a parking charge notice from WY Parking Enforcement and wanted to check if I can appeal. I was parked at work which is a private business centre who use WY Parking to deal with non-permit holders parking in spaces. My issue is I have a permit but this was not clearly displayed and I got a ticket.
    The PCN states I can pay £54.00 within 14 days or the cost will be £90.00 after this period. As a permit holder do I have grounds for appeal. Signs are up and I can take photographs of the signage to check it is correct. If I am in the wrong then I will pay the fine but don't want to pay if I have any grounds to challenge.

Many Thanks

Page 1
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 10th Jan 18, 12:48 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,292 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:48 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:48 PM
    please read and understand the newbies thread , this will assist you , wy parking are a BPA member , so your appeal should be the one in blue txt

I would think you first port of call is to the buisness centre , who after issuing you a permit should have told WY who permit holders were , ask nicely at first , then get your boss (who pays them rent) involved

the newbies thread is
    • sararaheasther1
    • By sararaheasther1 10th Jan 18, 1:02 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:02 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:02 PM
    Thank you for the reply. I will spend tonight reading the newbie section. I have contacted the business center and said there is nothing they can do, if they ask for the fine to be cancelled then apparently they have to pay it instead. I was told that they don't charge them anything to carry out the service so their hands are tied.
    I would of thought a list of permit holders was kept. They basically said that the permit should have been clearly displayed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

384Posts Today

4,957Users online

Martin's Twitter