Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chucknorris
    • By chucknorris 10th Jan 18, 12:38 PM
    • 9,383Posts
    • 14,075Thanks
    chucknorris
    Sainsburys eSaver
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:38 PM
    Sainsburys eSaver 10th Jan 18 at 12:38 PM
    Sainsburys have recently increased their savings interest rates, but on this account they don't give you the new increased rate until you open a new account and transfer the balance, which I have just done. I'm now getting 1.31% from 1.17%.
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird
    The only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake
    Chuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".
    After running injuries I now also hike, cycle and swim, less impact on my joints.

For the avoidance of doubt Chuck Norris is an actor and an ex martial artist (not me)
Page 1
    • AirlieBird
    • By AirlieBird 10th Jan 18, 1:55 PM
    • 782 Posts
    • 600 Thanks
    AirlieBird
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:55 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:55 PM
    Already posted. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5771498

What is it about Sainsburys? They are far from alone in doing this, but the way that it is regularly posted over recent months on here you'd be forgiven for thinking they were?
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 10th Jan 18, 2:40 PM
    • 7,541 Posts
    • 9,437 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 10th Jan 18, 2:40 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 2:40 PM

What is it about Sainsburys? They are far from alone in doing this, but the way that it is regularly posted over recent months on here you'd be forgiven for thinking they were?
    Originally posted by AirlieBird
    Rates in the top quarter of the market.
    • Malchester
    • By Malchester 10th Jan 18, 5:32 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Malchester
    • 10th Jan 18, 5:32 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 5:32 PM
    Not just Sainsbury's. I, and many others, have posted the same about Tesco who do exactly the same as Sainsburys. Annoying but I understand why they do it
    • chucknorris
    • By chucknorris 11th Jan 18, 8:52 AM
    • 9,383 Posts
    • 14,075 Thanks
    chucknorris
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:52 AM
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:52 AM

Originally posted by AirlieBird
    I missed the previous post, so others might have also missed it, so it doesn't hurt to flag it up again. Not a fortune, but it's an extra £40 a week to us.

Yeah, it is annoying that they don't automatically switch you to the revised rate.
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird
    The only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake
    Chuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".
    After running injuries I now also hike, cycle and swim, less impact on my joints.

For the avoidance of doubt Chuck Norris is an actor and an ex martial artist (not me)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,114Posts Today

8,318Users online

Martin's Twitter