Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• Thai67
    • By Thai67 10th Jan 18, 11:18 AM
    • 11Posts
    • 0Thanks
    0 WOW
    Help please on Holiday issues I found out about
    • 10th Jan 18, 11:18 AM
    0 WOW
    Help please on Holiday issues I found out about 10th Jan 18 at 11:18 AM
    Hi everyone
    My wife and I are booked on a package deal with tui for cancun Mexico on the 3rd may 2018 in a brand new hotel named the Riu dunamar for two weeks.
    They have a Facebook page and quite by accident I saw somebody say that tui had been in touch as building work had started on another Riu hotel right next door and that from April the ground works proper will begin and their would be excessive noise from 8am to 6pm. So as we go at the start of May I contacted tui and asked for their position on this to which I was told I would receive a phone call back later that day after some investigation ..
    The next day having not received a phone call I tried again and this time they they admitted this would be a problem and gave me a free amendment but stating if the holiday cost more I would pay more. Alternatively I was told if I wait tui would be in touch about being able to change our hotel.
    So I have waited for two more weeks now and heard nothing so phoned again today to be told the same thing. I just want to know the situation and offers before making an informed decision on what to do next. The other thing is its January sales time and if their offers are no good for us I can maybe get a refund and find something else in our price range.
    Can anybody please tell me what they think my options are as the next time I speak I would love to know my rights in this matter and if tui are doing anything wrong?
    Thanks and sorry for being long winded
    Last edited by Thai67; 10-01-2018 at 11:49 AM.
Page 2
    • Ganga
    • By Ganga 11th Jan 18, 3:03 PM
    • 1,045 Posts
    • 541 Thanks
    Even though they said I would have to pay any extra does anybody think they may move a little on price as I have seen a possible hotel change but its quite alot more. Im thinking its worth a try if the alternative is cancellation from their point of view surely
    Originally posted by Thai67
    Go back to the travel agent and ask them,point out that it must be better for them to pay a little more than the bad publicity when you end up next to a building site and spread it out over facebook,twitter etc.
    • lea2012
    • By lea2012 11th Jan 18, 8:11 PM
    • 630 Posts
    • 726 Thanks
    Have you asked them which hotels they could move you to free of charge now? Or have you looked on the website to see what hotels are available for your price range?
    Alternatively why not ask if you can change destinations and look for a holiday elsewhere within your budget?
    Lea :confused:
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,053Posts Today

7,782Users online

Martin's Twitter