Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• brat02
    • By brat02 10th Jan 18, 8:45 AM
    • 24Posts
    • 2Thanks
    My contract expires with Arnold Clarke, need advise
    • 10th Jan 18, 8:45 AM
    My contract expires with Arnold Clarke, need advise 10th Jan 18 at 8:45 AM
    Hi all,

I have been with Arnold Clarke for 2 contracts now(brand new cars) and now my second contract expires in 3 month so they gave me a call and gave me an appointment to explain my options.

So basically need advise what I need to watch out for when they offer me something, can someone experienced advise?
Page 2
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 10th Jan 18, 3:11 PM
    • 9,827 Posts
    • 9,622 Thanks
    "Ooh look Johnny, its only £125 a month for a brand new car, that's nothing!"
    Originally posted by Tarambor
    Sounds like Bus Pass money to me, or at least London Travelcard money.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to
    • almillar
    • By almillar 11th Jan 18, 1:22 PM
    • 7,239 Posts
    • 2,923 Thanks
    can you advise who is out there as good and as big with the same offers as Arnold Clarke please?
    Any main dealer will have PCP deals, as will plenty of big indies. So partially, it depends what car you want. I can't make any personal recommendations though, sorry.
    I don't quite get these calculations, can you please explain a bit more?
    Yep. You're usually quoted a price, for a number of years, allowing you to drive a certain number of miles per year. That price will be made up of monthly payments (paid every month) and a deposit. In my example, I picked 3 years - 36 months. After you've made these payments in PCP, you have a final payment to make, to own the car. This SHOULD be roughly the value of the car. At the end of your term, you either buy the car for that final payment, and drive away in it, or hand it back, and walk away. Or, as the salesman will try to tell you, 'trade it in' (it's not worth anything) against a new car, and start again.
    The bigger the deposit, the smaller the monthly payments, and the less interest you will pay. But the point of my earlier post is to add together all of the monthlies, plus the deposit, then divide back down again, to get a comparable number across different cars and deals.
    eg £200 per month, times 35 (the deposit is USUALLY the first payment), plus a £2,000 deposit. That's £9,000. Divide that by 3 - the car will cost £3,000 per year, or divide it by 36, the car will cost £250 per month.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

244Posts Today

1,981Users online

Martin's Twitter