Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JIL
    • By JIL 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    • 2,847Posts
    • 19,501Thanks
    JIL
    What are you making for dinner 2018.
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    What are you making for dinner 2018. 10th Jan 18 at 12:20 AM
    There were problems with the original thread in that it disappeared and could not be reinstated.

So a new thread was created and we all started again, unfortunately that thread also seems to have joined it's predecessor.

So here's a new one. We need to hear about Suki's lamb casserole and Island Maid is back from Amsterdam and must have delights to tell us about.

Maybe if the old one can be found then this can be merged?

Anyway without further ado...
    Last edited by JIL; 10-01-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Page 26
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 12th Feb 18, 5:05 PM
    • 19,000 Posts
    • 50,204 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Pork loin chops, new potatoes, carrots, cabbage, sprouts, garlic & porcini stuffing and cauliflower.
    And some gravy leftover from the Christmas pork which I found in the freezer.
    • Gem-gem
    • By Gem-gem 12th Feb 18, 5:27 PM
    • 2,650 Posts
    • 7,613 Thanks
    Gem-gem
    Made hubby four meat pies. Or two meat pie and two pies with something that came out of the freezer!!! I am now labelling my containers.
    £2 Savers Club 2018 no 1 - to fill up the pot
    Save £12k in 2018 no. 56 - Jan £680/£6,000
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 12th Feb 18, 5:55 PM
    • 6,855 Posts
    • 48,558 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Made hubby four meat pies. Or two meat pie and two pies with something that came out of the freezer!!! I am now labelling my containers.
    Originally posted by Gem-gem
    You mean two meat pies, and two 'surprise' fillings

Tonight is pasta with roasted squash (squash from the freezer and then roasted) with half a jar of LO sauce.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• caronc
    • By caronc 12th Feb 18, 8:40 PM
    • 3,113 Posts
    • 20,796 Thanks
    caronc
    Beef stew and dumplings
    GC - Jan18 £55/£120, Feb18 £63/£120
    GC YTD - £118/£240
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 13th Feb 18, 6:41 AM
    • 2,369 Posts
    • 35,844 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Butter Chicken tonight, with Naan and rice if wanted for the men, by itself for me
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

February GC £250.00/ 218.00
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 13th Feb 18, 7:37 AM
    • 1,054 Posts
    • 9,747 Thanks
    donnajt
    paprika pork - new recipe
    Slinkies 3st by summer (loss to date 10.5lbs)
    FlyMarketeers £1k by summer (sealed tin)
    • C J
    • By C J 13th Feb 18, 7:54 AM
    • 942 Posts
    • 5,822 Thanks
    C J
    A slightly-tweaked version of Jack Monroe's spicy chicken and mandarin tagine for us tonight. I make it with diced chicken breast instead of legs, omit the mint, and stir through a little cream before serving. It is so, so tasty. I made it last night as it seems even better when it has been left to marinate in the spices for 24 hours.
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 13th Feb 18, 8:01 AM
    • 19,000 Posts
    • 50,204 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Aldi 'best' fishcakes (with cheddar), home-made wedges and mushy peas
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 13th Feb 18, 8:30 AM
    • 11,307 Posts
    • 157,432 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Eggy breads for lunch and low fat sausages and mash with steamed veg for supper, fat free yoghurt and cup of black coffee.
    Thumpers mum was right - if you can't find anything nice to say don't say anything at all!
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 13th Feb 18, 8:57 AM
    • 6,855 Posts
    • 48,558 Thanks
    kerri gt
    A slightly-tweaked version of Jack Monroe's spicy chicken and mandarin tagine for us tonight. I make it with diced chicken breast instead of legs, omit the mint, and stir through a little cream before serving. It is so, so tasty. I made it last night as it seems even better when it has been left to marinate in the spices for 24 hours.
    Originally posted by C J
    Sounds delicious, things like that are deff best left overnight before eating IMO.

Tonight OH is having pea and spinach soup (not HM ) and I'm having a spinach and goats cheese omelette. Not feeling the love for pancakes this year and OH doesn't like them so not making any.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• whmf00001
    • By whmf00001 13th Feb 18, 9:55 AM
    • 180 Posts
    • 929 Thanks
    whmf00001
    Doing a job at lunchtime so having pancakes then tonight having 2nd part of Gusto Fish Cakes meal (and maybe h/m pancakes to follow).
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 13th Feb 18, 11:56 AM
    • 150 Posts
    • 4,409 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    Lunch today will be hm carrot, sweet potato and coriander soup (from the freezer), with bread and tonight's dinner is hm chicken curry with rice and hm naan, followed by pancakes with golden syrup/lemon and sugar.
    • caronc
    • By caronc 13th Feb 18, 12:36 PM
    • 3,113 Posts
    • 20,796 Thanks
    caronc
    Savoury pancakes filled with a mix of chicken supreme, mushroom, spinach and corn.
    GC - Jan18 £55/£120, Feb18 £63/£120
    GC YTD - £118/£240
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 13th Feb 18, 2:59 PM
    • 4,882 Posts
    • 36,731 Thanks
    joedenise
    We had the last of the Thai style butternut squash soup for lunch with some part bake baguettes. Glad that was the last of the soup as it was so spicy for me, DH didn't mind it though. Won't be making it again! Will still make a spicy butternut squash soup in the future but with less spice!

Dinner tonight will be shepherds pie with colcannon top. Will add various veg to the mince to up the veg portions for the day and to use up some bits in the fridge before going on holiday at the end of the week.

Denise
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 13th Feb 18, 3:27 PM
    • 3,303 Posts
    • 30,323 Thanks
    maddiemay
    I have 14 more days in which to make enough freezer space for my Heartier meat order, today I have liberated a salmon and a cod fillet, frozen peas and sweetcorn and using up some LO mash from the fridge to make which a fish pie. I have a plan for tomorrow's offering too which involves bean, pasta and gammon soup, cooked gammon ham, more peas and sweetcorn and suet dumplings. Perhaps I had better plan a pudding in case it only ends up fit for the dog
    • buildersdaughter
    • By buildersdaughter 13th Feb 18, 5:30 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 106 Thanks
    buildersdaughter
    Roast a lovely rib of beef at the weekend for us + family. Sent some left-overs home with son, and enough bits left to shred and make into a big sandwich with grilled onion rings.
    • Gem-gem
    • By Gem-gem 13th Feb 18, 6:02 PM
    • 2,650 Posts
    • 7,613 Thanks
    Gem-gem
    Stripped the meat of the belly of lamb (bought 1/2 of lamb last autumn) and minced it up. Mixed with seasoning, onion and red currant jelly. Made two lamb burgers. Having it with rocket onion and chips. (Using things up from the freezer).
    • Witless
    • By Witless 13th Feb 18, 6:57 PM
    • 572 Posts
    • 2,487 Thanks
    Witless
    I forgot it was Jif Lemon Day!
    • Gem-gem
    • By Gem-gem 13th Feb 18, 7:34 PM
    • 2,650 Posts
    • 7,613 Thanks
    Gem-gem
    You mean two meat pies, and two 'surprise' fillings

Tonight is pasta with roasted squash (squash from the freezer and then roasted) with half a jar of LO sauce.
    Originally posted by kerri gt
    Yes, Iíve got a funny feeling that it was the reminants of a stew that I had liquidised ready to make into a soup!
    • Gem-gem
    • By Gem-gem 13th Feb 18, 7:41 PM
    • 2,650 Posts
    • 7,613 Thanks
    Gem-gem
    We had the last of the Thai style butternut squash soup for lunch with some part bake baguettes. Glad that was the last of the soup as it was so spicy for me, DH didn't mind it though. Won't be making it again! Will still make a spicy butternut squash soup in the future but with less spice!

Dinner tonight will be shepherds pie with colcannon top. Will add various veg to the mince to up the veg portions for the day and to use up some bits in the fridge before going on holiday at the end of the week.

Denise
    Originally posted by joedenise
    Hello, please may I ask, what is a colcannon top?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,856Posts Today

9,157Users online

Martin's Twitter