Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• JIL
    • By JIL 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    • 2,882Posts
    • 19,623Thanks
    What are you making for dinner 2018.
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    What are you making for dinner 2018. 10th Jan 18 at 12:20 AM
    There were problems with the original thread in that it disappeared and could not be reinstated.

So a new thread was created and we all started again, unfortunately that thread also seems to have joined it's predecessor.

So here's a new one. We need to hear about Suki's lamb casserole and Island Maid is back from Amsterdam and must have delights to tell us about.

Maybe if the old one can be found then this can be merged?

Anyway without further ado...
    Last edited by JIL; 10-01-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Page 21
    • caronc
    • By caronc 6th Feb 18, 6:41 PM
    • 3,399 Posts
    • 22,534 Thanks
    Souvlaki pork, roasted veg and Greek pita
    GC - Jan18 £55/£120, Feb18 £68/£120, Mar £70/£150
    GC YTD - £193/£390
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 6th Feb 18, 6:51 PM
    • 1,054 Posts
    • 9,776 Thanks
    Mayflower Chinese curry with rice for family and carrot fries for me (I'm having a SP day on Slimming World
    Slinkies 3st by summer (loss to date 10.5lbs)
    FlyMarketeers £1k by summer (sealed tin)
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 6th Feb 18, 7:01 PM
    • 4,961 Posts
    • 37,318 Thanks
    Lunch today was the last of the 2 pea soup with bread. Dinner tonight will be a sausage pilaf with roasted vegetables - this is a new to me recipe so hope it's nice as it's fairly cheap to make.

Originally posted by joedenise
    Just reporting back! The sausage pilaf was really nice and it's a definite keeper (also works as a Slimming World recipe if anyone's doing SW!). Recipe said to use microwave rice but I just cooked some basmati rice and used that.

• foxyloxy11
    • By foxyloxy11 6th Feb 18, 8:51 PM
    • 292 Posts
    • 1,556 Thanks
    homemade onion soup and cheesy rolls
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000 Baby Step 1-COMPLETE
    Debt free day October 2019 - End of Baby Step 2 (A work in progress)
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 7th Feb 18, 8:31 AM
    • 19,320 Posts
    • 51,270 Thanks
    Home-made lamb burgers for us tonight.
    I took 500gm of mince out of the freezer for this on Monday:
    Home made doner kebab
    Originally posted by Pollycat
    and decided that it would be too much for the 2 of us so nicked some for burgers.
    Very MSE.
    • tighteningthebelt
    • By tighteningthebelt 7th Feb 18, 8:54 AM
    • 79 Posts
    • 1,009 Thanks
    Lunch sardines on toast.
    Dinner roasted red pepper and tomato soup, with bread and cheese. Orange for pud.
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 7th Feb 18, 8:59 AM
    • 6,913 Posts
    • 48,868 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Dinner will either be pasta with a couple of those mushroom sausages I cut up added in (three left as OH nicked one to 'try' last night) or veggie chilli - which I'll make anyway but is usually better the next day if i can get OH to stay away from it lol.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 7th Feb 18, 9:55 AM
    • 180 Posts
    • 4,582 Thanks
    Lunch today will be hm chicken noodle soup and tonight we're having hm lasagne with garlic bread and veg/salad.
    • C J
    • By C J 7th Feb 18, 9:58 AM
    • 961 Posts
    • 5,955 Thanks
    C J
    I'm still finding it exhausting to cook from scratch after a busy day from work - it's three weeks since I had the "flu" bug that was going around, but I'm still not up to par yet. I've had to deviate from the menu plan this week and I didn't think I'd be up to making the planned white fish poached in orange and honey with a spicy green lentil side dish (I'll do that on Saturday instead, when I have more time) and before leaving for work this morning just grabbed a two-portion tub of hm chicken and vegetable curry from the freezer to defrost while I'm out. Thank heavens for batch cooking on days like this!
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 7th Feb 18, 10:37 AM
    • 4,961 Posts
    • 37,318 Thanks
    I made a curry yesterday using some of the the LO roast chicken from Sunday so we'll be having that with some rice for dinner tonight.

We're having jacket potatoes with tuna mayo for lunch so a nice easy cooking day today!

• Jaymie kate
    • By Jaymie kate 7th Feb 18, 10:41 AM
    • 58 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    Jaymie kate
    Hi everyone! Glad to have stumbled upon this thread. For lunch will have steamed tuna with garlic bread and spaghetti and dinner will be roasted chicken, corn soup with bread and cheese.
    • whmf00001
    • By whmf00001 7th Feb 18, 12:33 PM
    • 187 Posts
    • 973 Thanks
    H/m cauli stalk & broccilli soup for lunch (again but lovely), small jelly with fruit and tonight Sicilion Chicken Linguine with Pea Shoots. Bought a Gusto box as per voucher on Martyn's page so will cook the chicken but half will go back into freezer, use half of other ingredients so will have again in a couple of days or so. Much fancier than I would usually have.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 7th Feb 18, 1:29 PM
    • 19,320 Posts
    • 51,270 Thanks
    Just had a fab lunch of wholemeal pita bread filled with shredded lettuce and red cabbage, sliced cucumber, tomatoes & onion and wafer-thin chicken drizzled with Ancona hot pepper sauce.

Welcome to Jaymie kate.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 7th Feb 18, 2:10 PM
    • 2,422 Posts
    • 36,405 Thanks
    Stirfry Pork and veg with noodles and spring rolls for the menfolk.
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

March GC £250.00/ .00
    • MrsPear
    • By MrsPear 7th Feb 18, 5:08 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 481 Thanks
    For the boys plain seasoned chicken breast griddled, hm potato wedges. Eldest wants broccoli and youngest salad bits - cucumber and pepper. I will have salad too and wedges but I!!!8217;m having left over meatballs and tomato sauce from Monday. Very mixed up here but never mind.
    Gc challenge £363.53/ 500
    Y Feb 317.28 / 350
    • caronc
    • By caronc 7th Feb 18, 5:49 PM
    • 3,399 Posts
    • 22,534 Thanks
    Roasted veg, spinach & ricotta lasagne with garlic bread
    GC - Jan18 £55/£120, Feb18 £68/£120, Mar £70/£150
    GC YTD - £193/£390
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 7th Feb 18, 6:03 PM
    • 6,913 Posts
    • 48,868 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Just thrown together a veggie chilli with soya mince and put on a pot of pasta to cook up with the mushroom sausages sliced. Gave OH the choice for tonight and he wants pasta so we'll have that tonight and chilli tomorrow. Poss curry on Friday as I have some stashed in the freezer.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Unicornucopia
    • By Unicornucopia 7th Feb 18, 8:19 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    Summer Salmon Spaghetti
    Yes, I know it's not summer but that's the name of the recipe I followed!

I'm not a fan of spaghetti but this tasted good when I made it an hour ago - a sauce made with diced onions, chives, garlic, finely cut red chilli, veg stockpot, water, lemon juice and thickened with crème fraiche, add in braised broccoli and flaked hot smoked salmon and served over spaghetti.

Just as well I made too much spaghetti as I ended up dropping half of it in the sink and later found I'd also dropped some on the floor when my foot kept getting stuck to the kitchen tiles!
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 7th Feb 18, 8:43 PM
    • 10,685 Posts
    • 27,944 Thanks
    Baked breaded chicken, salad and sweet potato wedges

Followed by a slice if Black Forest Gateaux that I made for Mr Sukies birthday

Didn't look too smart but was scrummy
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 7th Feb 18, 9:34 PM
    • 6,913 Posts
    • 48,868 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Suki1964 I love a Black Forest Gateau, reminds me of Berni Inns. Yum.
    JAN NSD 11/16

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,034Posts Today

9,310Users online

Martin's Twitter