Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • theeflash1
    • By theeflash1 9th Jan 18, 11:00 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    theeflash1
    *advice needed please*
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:00 PM
    *advice needed please* 9th Jan 18 at 11:00 PM
    Hello all you champions of peoples rights.....

1. I got a parking ticket from my local council for not displaying THE CORRECT TIME on the sundial clocks the council issues to business.
    I just played 11 o'clock instead of 10 o'clock and was issued with a £40 fine. It's the first time I have driven due to mental illness for over 25 years and I had no inclination about these clocks which give you up to 2 hours to return.
    ....So I downloaded the dispute template in accordingly centre away to a p o box somewhere in England unbeknown to me the letter got lost and ended up in Ireland I have just received the pack just the other day asking me to pay £1.50 for postage it did not make it do the appeals postbox....THEN out of the blue I got a £90 charge from a company saying they were going to seize my car or seize my money from my wages. I have the non long-term sickness benefit for over 30 years and simply cannot afford to pay the £90.
    Can someone advise me what to do now they are settling or getting a Penny from me because I can afford that I couldn't give a MSE what they do. please park in attendance of robots there is no leeway for telling about my condition I suffer from gout and Im in agony walking about all day I had to keep the car there....

gone 2 hell in my 20yr old rust bucket Ford Fiesta...(the parking fine is worth more than my car)
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 10th Jan 18, 12:06 AM
    • 17,181 Posts
    • 21,469 Thanks
    Redx
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:06 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:06 AM
    I didnt understand a word of it apart from its clear you have disabilities , like myself

but if this was a council ticket , then I suggest you go to pepipoo forums and register with a gmail email address (not hotmail) and post on there with more information that makes actual sense about the facts of the case (not your personal problems)

if somebody on there understands this sundial clock scenario and possibly at what stage you are at they may be able to help

name any firms that are involved and try to post redacted scans of any paperwork, so people can read what you are reading

good luck
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Edna Basher
    • By Edna Basher 10th Jan 18, 12:23 AM
    • 641 Posts
    • 1,669 Thanks
    Edna Basher
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:23 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:23 AM
    I guess the sundial clock refers to those cardboard discs that you put in your windscreen. You set the dial on the disc to match the time when you parked.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 10th Jan 18, 8:56 AM
    • 2,648 Posts
    • 3,952 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 10th Jan 18, 8:56 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 8:56 AM
    This is a council ticket you need to post on Pepipoo they are the experts on real fines. http://forums.pepipoo.com/
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Jan 18, 9:44 AM
    • 7,657 Posts
    • 6,734 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 10th Jan 18, 9:44 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 9:44 AM
    You do not even need to visit pepipoo, all the information you need on how to appeal will be on the PCN. Read this for how one council deals with appeals.

http://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/car_parks_and_parking/penalty_charges/how_to_appeal_against_a_pcn/mitigating_circumstances.aspx
    Last edited by The Deep; 10-01-2018 at 9:48 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 10th Jan 18, 10:06 AM
    • 2,648 Posts
    • 3,952 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:06 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:06 AM
    You do not even need to visit pepipoo, all the information you need on how to appeal will be on the PCN. Read this for how one council deals with appeals.

http://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/car_parks_and_parking/penalty_charges/how_to_appeal_against_a_pcn/mitigating_circumstances.aspx
    Originally posted by The Deep
    I got the impression it's gone past that stage TD.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 10th Jan 18, 11:08 AM
    • 1,544 Posts
    • 1,699 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 10th Jan 18, 11:08 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 11:08 AM
    TD - it sonds like it has gone past that and the council has registered it

theflash - please, try to write a timeline, and what went where. Please also give the exact name of the document you have - Order for Recovery?

If you go to Pepipoo you MUST have the paperwork to hand, and a precise timeline of what has been done and when. This is a process, and stepping outside the process is *painful* to deal with.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

579Posts Today

5,183Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Always fun to speak to @ChrisEvans on radio - at the speed we both go - we could do an hours's show in 15minutes.

• RT @benpostma: After watching @MartinSLewis I took my faulty trainers back to where I bought them from, with no receipt just a screen shot?

• RT @Louloubell1980: @MartinSLewis My little 3yr old and his Auntie on Christmas Eve....4 days after she donated her Kidney to him x https:/?

• Follow Martin