Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Leelee2819
    • By Leelee2819 9th Jan 18, 10:31 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Leelee2819
    VANQUIS Credit Card refuse Chargeback
    • 9th Jan 18, 10:31 PM
    VANQUIS Credit Card refuse Chargeback 9th Jan 18 at 10:31 PM
    Would you be able to give any advise as to were to escate my claim. As I am having difficulty with my credit card provider and came across your forum online which I found very helpful regarding chargebacks and Section 75.

I think my credit card provider may be braking the law by telling me to f*ck *ff basically.

I recently ordered Christmas clothes online for myself using my AQUA MasterCard credit card. The order was for £250 and £320 using my AQUA credit card and VANQUIS credit card.

Upon receiving the products, they turned out to be not as described. The products were counterfiet and I took them to my local retail store to confirm that they were counterfeit. I even got a police report reference number in which the police told me to dispose the products.

Now, I have been forced to contact my card issuer to raise a chargeback in which they have gathered all the relevant evidence and now are telling me they are not able to support me with my claim and basically telling me to go away and pay the money outstanding crippling time with interest on top as the months drag on..

Even upon requesting to speak to management they always tell me non of the managers are available to talk with and they will send me a declaration in the post to confirm my outstanding arrears. It's like they can't be bothered.

I have read the company's terms and conditions and they are a regalated company and comply with UK laws. I just don't know we're to turn next as I am not £600 out of pocket with no products to show for.

I look forward to your advise.
Page 1
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 9th Jan 18, 10:48 PM
    • 24,357 Posts
    • 11,642 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 9th Jan 18, 10:48 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 10:48 PM
    What do the retailers where you bought the goods say?
    If the goods have not been sent back by a trackable method you stand absolutely no chance in winning.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 9th Jan 18, 10:49 PM
    • 351 Posts
    • 193 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 9th Jan 18, 10:49 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 10:49 PM
    What store did you order from?

Why not just send them back and request a refund or have the local store provide you with a refund?
    • Leelee2819
    • By Leelee2819 9th Jan 18, 10:54 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Leelee2819
    • 9th Jan 18, 10:54 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 10:54 PM
    It was a company called DH gate.

They sell a variety of products like eBay, with individual sellers all trading.

On this occasion the products I ordered were counterfiet but I should be covered through section 75 shouldn't I?

As goods not as described...

I will attempt to request a return but I was told by the local Police authority's to dispose the goods. I am thinking abit contacting the financial osbundand also tomorrow for further update as it has been dragging on +60 days now
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 9th Jan 18, 11:13 PM
    • 351 Posts
    • 193 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:13 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:13 PM
    Have you contacted eBay?

Was the payment made via PayPal?
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 9th Jan 18, 11:14 PM
    • 351 Posts
    • 193 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:14 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:14 PM
    Check here as well

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-to-report-fake-or-counterfeit-products
    • Leelee2819
    • By Leelee2819 9th Jan 18, 11:39 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Leelee2819
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:39 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:39 PM
    The website was DHgate.com

It is like eBay. But it is based in China.

All customer service is Chinese.

I am going to return, contact financial osbundand and speak to Credit card's management tomorrow on dinner break
    • john1002
    • By john1002 9th Jan 18, 11:40 PM
    • 888 Posts
    • 371 Thanks
    john1002
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:40 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:40 PM
    Can you advise what each card company has said as your post is unclear in there exact wording, also were the products those prices or are there more items adding up to the figures quoted.

If they have refused your claims knowing there reason will help us point you in the right direction but if your not happy now, make formal complaints to each and be prepared once in deadlock to escalate to ombudsman.

Normally what you describe should warrant a section 75 claim, note a chargeback is only applicable to debit cards not credit cards.

John
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    • 6,041 Posts
    • 6,046 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    the financial osbundand
    Originally posted by Leelee2819
    financial osbundand
    (Mostly) the right letters but not necessarily in the right order!
    • Leelee2819
    • By Leelee2819 10th Jan 18, 4:12 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Leelee2819
    Basically Aqua and VANQUIS Credit Card provider have said that the company I have ordered from there eccomerce and reviews are trustworthy.

It's like they can't be bothered. Or have forgotten the old saying "customer is king" there siding with the merchant instead of even escalating my claim. After 60 days of hold up& requesting all sorts of evidence.

When on the phone to the member's of staff they sound half asleep.

I am going to contact the Financial Obmsbudand tomorrow to file a compaint against the two company's and let them sort there policy's out.

After reading reviews of Aqua and VANQUIS Credit Card online they have the lowest ratings.

Barclaycard apear to be one of the best providers for credit card customer service.

I guess it's a case of waiting to find out now, probably going to drag on for weeks this. I will keep you posted.

I would NOT recommend Aqua or VANQUIS to anyone though! But they're not getting a penny of me until this is resolved. Worse case scenario send the products back, but sellers ignoring all emails ������
    • Leelee2819
    • By Leelee2819 10th Jan 18, 4:15 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Leelee2819
    Also there is various products being purchased for example an order totalling £400 may be 10 Tshirts for example, regardless I am still covered. I have done my research I will pursuit this until it's resolved.
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 10th Jan 18, 5:28 AM
    • 7,516 Posts
    • 9,398 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    Ombudsman. Good luck.
    • PLYSU
    • By PLYSU 10th Jan 18, 5:51 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    PLYSU
    This is like soooooooooooooooooooooooo interesting.
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 10th Jan 18, 7:13 AM
    • 3,134 Posts
    • 2,113 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    ...note a chargeback is only applicable to debit cards not credit cards.
    Originally posted by john1002
    Nonsense!:

There's valuable hidden protection on Visa, Mastercard and Amex credit cards and most debit and charge cards. It's called 'chargeback'...
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 10th Jan 18, 7:47 AM
    • 3,134 Posts
    • 2,113 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    Also there is various products being purchased for example an order totalling £400 may be 10 Tshirts for example, regardless I am still covered. I have done my research I will pursuit this until it's resolved.
    Presumably you're buying things to resale. I'm unsure whether that's covered by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. My guess is there's a clue in the name.

DHgate seems to have modelled itself entirely on eBay. I'd guess you've paid DHgate and not the seller of the items directly, meaning buyer/seller link is broken and Section 75 is out of the window.

DHgate offers buyer protection. A refund if you return items that are not as described.

Vanquis' complains procedure is here. The Financial Ombudsman Service is unlikely to accept a complaint from you until you've been through Vanquis' own complains procedure, however it may offer you advice about your options.
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 10th Jan 18, 8:23 AM
    • 7,516 Posts
    • 9,398 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    Can you advise what each card company has said as your post is unclear in there exact wording, also were the products those prices or are there more items adding up to the figures quoted.

If they have refused your claims knowing there reason will help us point you in the right direction but if your not happy now, make formal complaints to each and be prepared once in deadlock to escalate to ombudsman.

Normally what you describe should warrant a section 75 claim, note a chargeback is only applicable to debit cards not credit cards.

John
    Originally posted by john1002
    John, you have a lot to learn.
    • meer53
    • By meer53 10th Jan 18, 9:20 AM
    • 9,037 Posts
    • 13,133 Thanks
    meer53
    I don't recommend not paying Aqua or Vanquis. Not a good idea.
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 10th Jan 18, 9:56 AM
    • 3,134 Posts
    • 2,113 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    After reading reviews of Aqua and VANQUIS Credit Card online they have the lowest ratings.
    DHgate @ TrustPilot: TrustScore 8.9 out of 10 - "great service/products"

Aqua card @ TrustPilot: TrustScore 8.2 out of 10 - "Great service friendly and effI cent very pleased"

Vanquis @ TrustPilot: TrustScore 8.6 out of 10 - "Trusted me when no one will touch me."

MSE @ TrustPilot: TrustScore 6.0 out of 10 - "Bunch of busybodies that have little else to do."

• meer53
    • By meer53 10th Jan 18, 11:57 AM
    • 9,037 Posts
    • 13,133 Thanks
    meer53
    Are you running a business ? If you are, this may be why they can't help you ?
    • Leelee2819
    • By Leelee2819 10th Jan 18, 5:44 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Leelee2819
    Running a business? No I work in a solicitors doing admin work.

I have bought these products for the sake of Christmas.

I ordered cheap clothes online I only ordered about 10 Tshirts & 6 Jumpers& a few Woolen hats.

VANQUIS are not willing to co-operate with resolving my dispute as long as I can provide evidence to confirm they are counterfiet from a UK retailer.

They also told me not to send the products back, as this would breach the claim & Trading standards also said to dispose products.

The products were terrible quality anyway I would have preferred to order my Christmas clothes from Primark
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,782Posts Today

6,510Users online

Martin's Twitter