Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chrisswaine
    • By chrisswaine 9th Jan 18, 8:42 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    chrisswaine
    Recovering funds from redundant Caxton FX card
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:42 PM
    Recovering funds from redundant Caxton FX card 9th Jan 18 at 8:42 PM
    Post deleted
    Last edited by chrisswaine; 11-01-2018 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Personal details
Page 1
    • Lorian
    • By Lorian 9th Jan 18, 8:59 PM
    • 4,194 Posts
    • 2,324 Thanks
    Lorian
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:59 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:59 PM
    Given those details there would be others willing to try to get your money out of them, apart from they are telling you its all gone in fees...
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam3; 10-01-2018 at 8:40 AM. Reason: Quoting edited post
    • venison
    • By venison 9th Jan 18, 10:14 PM
    • 1,482 Posts
    • 1,616 Thanks
    venison
    • 9th Jan 18, 10:14 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 10:14 PM
    As above please, and why did you leave so much money lying idle in this account, and 9 years ago is a long time.
    I am a BG on loans,credit cards and benefits I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly". Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 10th Jan 18, 7:35 AM
    • 3,053 Posts
    • 1,390 Thanks
    eDicky
    • 10th Jan 18, 7:35 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 7:35 AM
    Your funds were long ago swallowed by dormancy fees; your negligence in not recovering them after the trip is illustrated by such carelessness with your personal details.
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 10th Jan 18, 8:07 AM
    • 3,135 Posts
    • 2,113 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    • 10th Jan 18, 8:07 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 8:07 AM
    Your funds were long ago swallowed by dormancy fees; your negligence in not recovering them after the trip is illustrated by such carelessness with your personal details.
    Originally posted by eDicky
    I took a quick gander at their T&Cs and couldn't find mention of dormancy fees.

They do, however, contain this:

15. Expiry and redemption

Your Card has the Expiry Date printed on it, after which You may not use the Card. However, We will invite You to renew Your Card approximately one (1) month prior to the Expiry Date. You will be contacted by e-mail at Your registered e-mail address, where You will be required to re-confirm Your details and that You require a replacement Card. On issuing a replacement Card, the Available Balance held on Your previous Card will be automatically transferred to Your replacement Card with a new Expiry Date.

Subject to the paragraph above the Available Balance will no longer be usable following the Expiry Date of the Card and this Agreement will terminate. Notwithstanding any Expiry Date Your Available Balance is available for redemption by contacting Us at any time before the end of the Limitation Period. After the Limitation Period Your funds will no longer be redeemable. In the event that You make a request for redemption before the Expiry Date or after one year following the termination of the Agreement, a Redemption Processing Fee may be charged (see Fees & Limits Schedule) subject to clause 20.
    And:

“Limitation Period” means the period of twenty (20) years following the termination of the Agreement
    The Redemption processing fee is £1.50.

I don't know how long Caxton should keep records for.

https://www.caxtonfx.com/complaints/
    • chrisswaine
    • By chrisswaine 11th Jan 18, 12:21 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    chrisswaine
    • 11th Jan 18, 12:21 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 12:21 PM
    Originally posted by eDicky
    Many thanks for your unhelpful and rude response. I have deleted my original question which was put in good faith. I certainly will not post anything further to this site if this is the 'help' one can expect.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

202Posts Today

1,554Users online

Martin's Twitter