Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• madisonshamrock
    • By madisonshamrock 9th Jan 18, 8:40 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    0 WOW
    Love Holidays Changing the deal after I paid!
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:40 PM
    0 WOW
    Love Holidays Changing the deal after I paid! 9th Jan 18 at 8:40 PM
    I researched a holiday for myself and my daughter.
    I found a good room only deal on Love Holidays website.
    Completed all the details and PAID IN FULL for it on their site.

The money was immediately debited form my account.

The email I got after the process said
    'booking request accepted' and that the paperwork would follow in 48 hrs.
    2 days later NOTHING.
    ring them up and get put through to person after person saying they can see my booking but for some reason it is still in a "Pending" state.

They now say they want more money...!!

This seems very dodgy and dishonest to me
    but they have my money and I can't book anything else.

All the while other holidays I might have chosen are being sold
    and the prices going up.
Page 1
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 9th Jan 18, 8:46 PM
    • 3,011 Posts
    • 1,979 Thanks
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:46 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:46 PM
    One of the elements of your booking has gone up in price since booking. It's covered in their T&C:

"Please note that booking requests can take up to 72 hours to process. A booking is only confirmed when we send you a Booking Confirmation with a valid booking reference number for each Arrangement. On rare occasions, we will be unable to confirm a booking, for example if the payment fails. In the unlikely event this occurs, our team will attempt to rebook the affected Arrangement at the same price. If this is not possible, for example because the payment is blocked or there has been a change in the price or availability of the booking, we will contact you via telephone or e-mail to discuss next steps. Unfortunately, there are times when the cost will have increased during this period of time. Any cost increases will need to be paid by you, as per your contract with each Service Provider."

I doubt they can legally hold you to paying the increased price although you may be stuck with non-refundable elements of what you've booked. These kinds of situations are why I don't book holidays from these kinds of sites. You may as well piece things together yourself and you'll leave out the middle man.
    • walp
    • By walp 22nd Feb 18, 10:59 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    • 22nd Feb 18, 10:59 AM
    • 22nd Feb 18, 10:59 AM
    Love holidays are a bunch of ripoff merchants. Booked with them with their ad stating I had made a 450 pound saving. As a matter of interest, I checked out the cost of booking the hotel direct and even there it was much cheaper. Travel Republics price turned out to be even cheaper.
    Even though they would still have made a killing, they refused to budge on their price and informed me that I could cancel at the cost of 75 pounds plus FULL flight cost.
    They allow a price match, but within the most ridiculous sets of conditions and only within 24 hours of made booking.
    I contacted them and it was obvious by the pre prepared statements the sarcastic and unhelpful agent gave that she was well practised in telling unhappy customers that they are not interested and will not give an inch.
    It seems a cooling off period does not apply to booked holidays, and the holiday company can get away with claiming you are making massive savings (the example for mine being £451), even when it is easy to prove that it is actually cheaper booking direct.
    Awful company that doesn't care and shuts the door in your face the minute they have your money (and their instalment charges are higher than other companies).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,672Posts Today

8,897Users online

Martin's Twitter