Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• RetiredDellBoy
    • By RetiredDellBoy 9th Jan 18, 8:09 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Can I Claim expenses?
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:09 PM
    Can I Claim expenses? 9th Jan 18 at 8:09 PM
    I was supplied a PCN when i checked the ticket it was issued at 12:09 when i had parked in a 2hr space at 10:15. I informally challenged taking a picture of the parking ticket and the piece of paper clearly showing the time, I parked and the previous times crossed out.

6 months later I got a letter back saying the time had been changed from 10:15 to 1:15 to get more time. The photos they sent were crystal clear except the photo of the piece of paper which had been taken at a funny angle across the windscreen to obscure the times. It was clear from the photo i sent in at the time of the appeal that it was the same photo and hadn't been altered etc.

I have rung Cumbria county council and eventually got a call back from someone in parking who refused to discuss the ruling or look at the photos. As I have given the council two opportunities to rectify their mistakes and keep the loss of time to me to a minimum. I feel when the PCN is thrown out I should be entitled to claim expenses for loss of earnings and for the cost of the communication. Is anyone aware of anybody who has done this before?

I feel that if the council can demand fines and add additional costs to a ticket it is only fair that the same is achievable from the other side.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Jan 18, 8:11 PM
    • 17,498 Posts
    • 22,006 Thanks
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:11 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:11 PM
    as this is a council charge then you need to post over on pepipoo forums in their council section, following their rules on postinag and uploading redacted pics etc

use a gmail email address for signup (not hotmail)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Jan 18, 8:13 PM
    • 16,932 Posts
    • 26,562 Thanks
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:13 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:13 PM
    Council ticket?

As we tend to major on private parking tickets here, PePiPoo will be your best bet for council tickets. Register there (but please note that a hotmail address won't work) and post a new thread; here's your link:

Have a read through some of the other threads there before you post your own to get the hang of what information they need from you in your opening post - but as a minimum you will need to post redacted photos/scans of all correspondence you've received from the council (both sides, if appropriate) as they need to see all the small print.

PePiPoo has an excellent success record in dealing with council tickets.

We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 9th Jan 18, 8:43 PM
    • 1,959 Posts
    • 2,270 Thanks
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:43 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:43 PM
    You will not get costs unless it gets through to adjudication, and they rarely award.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,661Posts Today

7,134Users online

Martin's Twitter