Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • charliedeeb
    • By charliedeeb 9th Jan 18, 4:36 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    charliedeeb
    Dreams bedding store avoid avoid avoid !!!
    • 9th Jan 18, 4:36 PM
    Dreams bedding store avoid avoid avoid !!! 9th Jan 18 at 4:36 PM
    On Wednesday the 3rd January we visited the store in Irvine retail park Irvine Ayrshire. My wife fell in love with a mattress and bed frame total cost £3000+.
    The price was no problem and we paid 20% deposit of £634.

At 4pm that day we got some disturbing news and a totally unforseen misfortune happened affecting our financial situation. The next morning I went back to the store and explained to the manager what happened and unfortunately at this time we would have to cancel and requested a refund. The manager advised he could not refund this and told me to contact the customer service.

I went home and called them and was told they do not have a cancellation policy and they would be keeping my 20% deposit. After a short while explaining my situation again and again the girl at the customer service centre told me all they could do was reduce the fee to 10%. So a half hour visit to the Dreams store cost me £300+ with nothing to show.!!!
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 9th Jan 18, 4:41 PM
    • 11,713 Posts
    • 7,911 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 9th Jan 18, 4:41 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 4:41 PM
    Your rights in store are not the same as those online. Some stores do not give refunds on orders if you place them in store. It's the sort of thing you need to check before you purchase if your situation is as fragile as yours seems to have been.
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 9th Jan 18, 4:42 PM
    • 10,428 Posts
    • 7,357 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 9th Jan 18, 4:42 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 4:42 PM
    This should be in the Praise, vents and warnings forums.

You may want to ask them to justify the amount of the deposit charged as they can only take a reasonable amount to cover their expense/losses.
    Last edited by neilmcl; 09-01-2018 at 4:46 PM.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 9th Jan 18, 4:59 PM
    • 3,772 Posts
    • 3,835 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 9th Jan 18, 4:59 PM
    You may want to ask them to justify the amount of the deposit charged as they can only take a reasonable amount to cover their expense/losses.
    Originally posted by neilmcl
    Is the correct answer ... an arbitrary non-refundable deposit amount is not allowed - it needs to be justified.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • spo2
    • By spo2 9th Jan 18, 4:59 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    spo2
    I have to say we have always bought our beds and mattresses from Dreams and have never had a problem with them. Their customer service is good and they deliver when they say they will
    • Warwick Hunt
    • By Warwick Hunt 9th Jan 18, 5:04 PM
    • 858 Posts
    • 417 Thanks
    Warwick Hunt
    • 9th Jan 18, 5:04 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 5:04 PM
    I have to say we have always bought our beds and mattresses from Dreams and have never had a problem with them. Their customer service is good and they deliver when they say they will
    Originally posted by spo2
    But have you ever tried to cancel an order?
    • Shaka_Zulu
    • By Shaka_Zulu 9th Jan 18, 6:19 PM
    • 1,442 Posts
    • 3,373 Thanks
    Shaka_Zulu
    • 9th Jan 18, 6:19 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 6:19 PM

Originally posted by neilmcl
    Not sure I would be going there I imagine their margins are pretty good 50%?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

48Posts Today

3,593Users online

Martin's Twitter