Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LOSGI
    • By LOSGI 9th Jan 18, 3:33 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    LOSGI
    Injury whilst on holiday
    • 9th Jan 18, 3:33 PM
    Injury whilst on holiday 9th Jan 18 at 3:33 PM
    We were on a 4 day family holiday in Lapland shortly before xmas. As part of the booking deal we were advised we would receive snow boots, snow suits gloves etc, all to be collected before we even got to the resort, as the temperature are around the -20 C. However, we were not informed until the meeting in the hotel that all these provided items would have to be returned at 7pm the night before we were flying home. We were not leaving the hotel for the airport until 1pm the following day. That left us without the provided safety clothing for 1 night and 1 full morning. A couple of hours before we were due to fly home my partner slip on the compressed snow footpaths and injured her arm. She was in pain but expected this to heal. However, now we are home she has made several visits to hospital who have confirmed a broken elbow. We have checked the insurance booklet (AXA) and cannot see anything regarding personal injury claims (only death or loss of limbs!). We have never claimed for anything so are a little bit unsure whether the holiday operator could be found liable or if and whom we can contact regarding injury compensation.
    To make it completely clear we had many issues with this holiday starting with ridiculous itinerary change just hours before we were due to fly and therefore already have a complaint in with the tour operator and this incident in mentioned as one of a list. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 9th Jan 18, 5:29 PM
    • 26,393 Posts
    • 10,548 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 9th Jan 18, 5:29 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 5:29 PM
    Speak to your insurer?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • seashore22
    • By seashore22 10th Jan 18, 9:14 AM
    • 811 Posts
    • 1,650 Thanks
    seashore22
    • 10th Jan 18, 9:14 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 9:14 AM
    Did your partner suffer any financial loss?

I can't imagine that you will get very far with this. If you go to a place like Lapland it's going to be snowy and icy (at least I hope so) and I would think some personal responsibility is involved. Didn't you take any other footwear suitable for snow?

My daughter broke her wrist snowboarding. Accidents happen unfortunately.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,390Posts Today

8,657Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Of course but this question is about the specific "ladies first" rule. Ie a man giving a seat because it's a lady n? https://t.co/FBmEfwnHNM

• Today's twitter poll: Traditional manners have/had the concept of "ladies first". Is that compatible with gender eq? https://t.co/Qk4bC3pHjk

• RT @helwid87: @MartinSLewis Thankyou for your student loan refund advice. My £617 refund came through yesterday, making January less of a t?

• Follow Martin