Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • clairesilverspar
    • By clairesilverspar 9th Jan 18, 3:30 PM
    • 77Posts
    • 87Thanks
    clairesilverspar
    Extractor Fan Installation
    • 9th Jan 18, 3:30 PM
    Extractor Fan Installation 9th Jan 18 at 3:30 PM
    We're in our new home at last, with a big list of things to do/get quotes for.
    I need to get quotes for the installation of an extraction fan into both the kitchen and the bathroom.

Might be a stupid question, but who do I look for to get these quotes? Is it electricians or builders or both?
Page 1
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 9th Jan 18, 8:51 PM
    • 23,965 Posts
    • 90,172 Thanks
    Davesnave
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:51 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:51 PM
    You'll need an electrician. Electricians are used to chasing walls and cutting ceilings etc and you'll need someone qualified to extend the wiring and certify the work.

Don't economise on the fans. Take advice on those that will really shift the air.
    'A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they'll never sit in.'
    • clairesilverspar
    • By clairesilverspar 10th Jan 18, 11:19 AM
    • 77 Posts
    • 87 Thanks
    clairesilverspar
    • 10th Jan 18, 11:19 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 11:19 AM
    Thank you. I'll start speaking to electricians.

Yes, we've lived in places with pointless fans before and had the problems associated with that. We want one that will actually pull the air out without being noisy, even if that costs a bit more.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,111Posts Today

8,535Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: Following yesterday's poll about being an organ donor when you die - would you consider being? https://t.co/tCTWjJBin8

• RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• Follow Martin