Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • barafear799
    • By barafear799 9th Jan 18, 2:08 PM
    • 101Posts
    • 25Thanks
    barafear799
    Euro Car Park PCN Matalan
    • 9th Jan 18, 2:08 PM
    Euro Car Park PCN Matalan 9th Jan 18 at 2:08 PM
    Hi,

Yes I have read the newbies thread. Thank you for the advice in there.
    I understand my first step is to appeal online using the template letter for BPA members - however, I did have a query.

The gist of that letter states the reason for the appeal is the "large lettering and prominence" of the signs.

Do I use this argument even if this is not necessarily the case - because this is simply step 1 and every appeal will be rejected at this stage anyway. I can then "personalise" my appeal at the POPLA stage?

In terms of appealing to Matalan - the keeper doesn't have any receipts - the keeper didn't even shop in there - the driver dropped off a relative and waited in the car park for her - believing she wouldn't be "too long" - the PCN letter shows the unpaid stay of the driver as being 35 mins.
    the relative doesn't have any proof of shopping - no receipts/paid by cash - not even sure if they used her Matalan card -

in terms of an appeal to Matalan would this simply be to the manager of the store?

Many thanks
    B
    Last edited by barafear799; 09-01-2018 at 3:49 PM.
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 9th Jan 18, 2:25 PM
    • 40,746 Posts
    • 81,341 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 9th Jan 18, 2:25 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 2:25 PM
    First of all, edit your post to remove information about who did what, especially about who waited in the car.

Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who are two different people.

Send the BPA template in blue exactly as it is. Nowt added and nowt taken away. Save eveything else for PoPLA, but get photos of the entrance and signage in advance of PoPLA.

Complain to the store manager and/or CEO. An occupant of the car was a genuine customer whether they bought anything or not.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • barafear799
    • By barafear799 9th Jan 18, 7:04 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    barafear799
    • 9th Jan 18, 7:04 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 7:04 PM
    Rather annoyingly, I cannot seem to access the ECP appeal page via computer at work - it keeps coming up with "error" - tried it on my mobile and it work's ok - now it's just a matter of trying again. In terms of the "letter" is it best to copy and paste into the box or include as an attachment? Thanks again.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Jan 18, 7:27 PM
    • 17,196 Posts
    • 21,489 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th Jan 18, 7:27 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 7:27 PM
    copy and paste
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

261Posts Today

2,330Users online

Martin's Twitter