Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • plainandsimple
    • By plainandsimple 9th Jan 18, 1:45 PM
    • 33Posts
    • 144Thanks
    plainandsimple
    Securing A Mortgage With New Job
    • 9th Jan 18, 1:45 PM
    Securing A Mortgage With New Job 9th Jan 18 at 1:45 PM
    Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows how long you have to be in a new job before mortgage lenders are happy to take your income into consideration. Can it be a brand new job as long as you can show documentation of your salary and that it's a permanent position? Or o you need to have been in the position for a few months? Thanks.
Page 1
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 9th Jan 18, 1:46 PM
    • 32,593 Posts
    • 17,543 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 9th Jan 18, 1:46 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 1:46 PM
    It varies from lender to lender.

Some - zero.

Others - six months or more.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • plainandsimple
    • By plainandsimple 9th Jan 18, 9:46 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 144 Thanks
    plainandsimple
    • 9th Jan 18, 9:46 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 9:46 PM
    Thanks Kingstreet.
    • Martin8870
    • By Martin8870 11th Jan 18, 3:42 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Martin8870
    • 11th Jan 18, 3:42 AM
    • 11th Jan 18, 3:42 AM
    We have just had a mortgage offer by NatWest but my partner has only been in her job 3 month (3 months pay slips) this wasn’t a problem however what was the problem was that regardless of the amount we told the bank she would be earning annually they just worked out athe adverage of her 3 wage slip gross pay and offered us slightly less than we asked for which we would have to pay on completion (so I’m told( awaiting on mortgage offer letter for full details)) because her wage slips where considerably less than what her adverage wage would be. 1st wage low, 2nd wage high, 3rd wage adverage Does this make sense?

Hope this helps
    • plainandsimple
    • By plainandsimple 11th Jan 18, 8:27 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 144 Thanks
    plainandsimple
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:27 AM
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:27 AM
    Thanks Martin8870. I hadn't considered that.
    • robgoode
    • By robgoode 11th Jan 18, 8:40 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    robgoode
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:40 AM
    • 11th Jan 18, 8:40 AM
    Me and my partner are about to start our application. In the last 2 months I got a promotion at work and he got a brand new job.

Our advisor said I would just need to show 3 recent payslips and partner would need to show recent payslip plus contract to show permanent employment.
    • plainandsimple
    • By plainandsimple 18th Jan 18, 1:10 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 144 Thanks
    plainandsimple
    • 18th Jan 18, 1:10 PM
    • 18th Jan 18, 1:10 PM
    Thank you, robgoode. That's really helpful to know.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,514Posts Today

8,856Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @RobiMous2: Yesterday I saved myself £30 a month by switching utilities and cancelling a sim no one in the family used anymore. Inspired?

• RT @elainelawro: @MartinSLewis When I lost my mum suddenly from a burst aneurysm on the brain I was unaware that my mum had signed up to do?

• RT @AlisonKinder: @MartinSLewis I?m on my second kidney transplant in Thirty years. My life has been changed beyond recognition twice by th?

• Follow Martin