Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SOW
    • By SOW 9th Jan 18, 12:00 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    SOW
    Parking Eye County Court claim and Mediation
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:00 PM
    Parking Eye County Court claim and Mediation 9th Jan 18 at 12:00 PM
    Parking Eye County Court Claim and Mediation:
    Hi all and thanks for reading my post. I am new to the site but in need of assistance with my fight against Parking Eye. I believe I am a victim of "double dipping" .

Almost a year ago I took my disabled mother shopping, within 7 mins of parking we realised the shops didn't open for a further 45 mins (it was a Sunday). We therefore left and went to a well know super market to complete our weekly shopping, before returning to the original car park to shop in the store. (The Range) .
    The claim from Parking Eye shows my first entry to the car park and final exit.
    I appealed but didn't hear anything. Apparently a letter was sent (unsure by what means IE letter, email as I have had a mixture of contacts ) advising unsuccessful and appeal to POPLA.
    As I didn't receive this I haven't appealed, so I was shocked when receiving a letter before court action. Again I defended the claim.......(I even managed to locate parts of the shredded receipt and tape them together) I advised I would only provide the receipt in a court of law.
    Having received a court letter I provided a copy of the receipt along with my defence to the court as instructed.
    N180 has been completed by Parking eye and I am being asked to participate in Mediation.........

QUESTIONS:
    Whilst it states all avenues must be exhausted before court action, the mediation paperwork states all sides must be willing to be flexible and come to an agreement.
    I have no intention of this. I did nothing wrong! Do I therefore assume I should refuse mediation on those grounds or should I go through with it to show the court willing?

What are my next steps?

Appreciate the long post but wanted to try and give as much info as possible.
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Jan 18, 12:19 PM
    • 6,742 Posts
    • 8,732 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:19 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:19 PM
    Even if you went to POPLA ...
    It is very sad that POPLA is so backwards in not
    understanding double dipping ?
    POPLA seem to think the ANPR is accurate when
    we all know that ANPR ... IS NOT

NO TO MEDIATION AND NO TO BEING HEARD ON PAPERS

You want an oral hearing, do you have proof of where
    you were within the times of the double dip scam ?

The BPA should be running a real training course
    for POPLA assessors

Mediators are as much clueless as POPLA
    Last edited by beamerguy; 09-01-2018 at 12:53 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 9th Jan 18, 12:30 PM
    • 1,946 Posts
    • 3,433 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:30 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:30 PM
    No to mediation but you can write to ParkingEye and inform them you will present information on the inaccuracies of their ANPR system and the guidance issued to them by the BPA about "double dipping". Send them a list of your costs so far too.
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
    • Castle
    • By Castle 9th Jan 18, 12:31 PM
    • 1,378 Posts
    • 1,819 Thanks
    Castle
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:31 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:31 PM
    It is very sad that POPLA is so backwards in not
    understanding double dipping ?
    POPLA seem to think the ANPR is accurate when
    we all know that ANPR ... IS NOT
    Originally posted by beamerguy
    The OP didn't receive a reply from PE; so didn't appeal to POPLA.

OP; Ask your Mother to type up a witness statement; or, if this is not possible, ask her to dictate one so somebody else can type it.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 9th Jan 18, 12:37 PM
    • 7,649 Posts
    • 6,728 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:37 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:37 PM
    Read about double dipping here

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=&oq=Double+dipping+pr ankster&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GUEA_en-GBGB707GB707&q=Double+dipping+prankster&gs_l=hp... .0.0.0.15497...........0.-4BvRU4D3EA&gws_rd=ssl

Should this get to court, where I believe that they would crash and burn, you may well be able to screw them for harassment, invasion of privacy, and/or unreasonable behaviour. Follow Emanesru's excellent advice above.
    Last edited by The Deep; 09-01-2018 at 12:46 PM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • SOW
    • By SOW 10th Jan 18, 9:24 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SOW
    • 10th Jan 18, 9:24 AM
    Proof of Double Dip
    • 10th Jan 18, 9:24 AM
    Thanks for your reply, I have a partial receipt which was shredded and has been put back together. TBH its not 100% clear.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

174Posts Today

1,355Users online

Martin's Twitter