Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• suzy g
    • By suzy g 9th Jan 18, 11:27 AM
    • 720Posts
    • 526Thanks
    suzy g
    london trip gluten free vegan
    • 9th Jan 18, 11:27 AM
    london trip gluten free vegan 9th Jan 18 at 11:27 AM
    Hi we got free tickets to Madame Tussauds next month (The Sun )we also have cheap train tickets, I was thinking of using my club card deals for food I am coeliac and also vegan ,but there is a very limited selection, so I am not sure about this, we may go on the Sunday if I can bag a good hotel deal. The Madame Tussauds is Monday so we will need food Sunday and some of Monday , can anyone recommend value for money cafes and restaurants Thank you .
    Vegan and veg grower Nov 2015
    instagramer of food.... sue_the_plantbased
Page 1
    • Dark Star
    • By Dark Star 9th Jan 18, 12:36 PM
    • 474 Posts
    • 716 Thanks
    Dark Star
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:36 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:36 PM
    We like "My Old Dutch" which does giant pancakes. It's a nice treat & they come in many flavours not just sweet. They do gluten free ... They have 3 locations & I think the Kensington one is best as it's a little quieter so less chance of having to queue for a table.

My Old Dutch can now cater for those who prefer to go gluten free! Our flour blend is a mix of rice, tapioca, buckwheat, maize and potato.

We can only provide gluten free for our classic
    large savoury and sweet pancakes, Breakfast Menu pancakes, Kids pancakes and Lite Option Pancakes.

We cannot offer gluten free for poffertjes and butterscotch pancakes.

You can have them with berries, meat free salads etc.

Plus on a Monday they do something called "Monday madness" where things are £5 (possibly take away only).

They are very nice...
    Lurking in a galaxy far far away...
    • bouicca21
    • By bouicca21 9th Jan 18, 12:45 PM
    • 3,524 Posts
    • 5,162 Thanks
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:45 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:45 PM
    London cafes and restaurants are pretty good at marking the menu for gluten free, vegetarian and vegan. I've been to several of the places on this list and they were good.
    • wort
    • By wort 10th Jan 18, 5:20 PM
    • 618 Posts
    • 9,058 Thanks
    • 10th Jan 18, 5:20 PM
    • 10th Jan 18, 5:20 PM
    You used to be able to use tesco points for bella italia. They do g free pizza and pasta, not sure about the vegan but myself and other family members are coeliac and eaten there many times.
    You could check menu online.
    Or try googling vegan g free in london.
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
    • Polarpenguin
    • By Polarpenguin 13th Jan 18, 12:28 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    • 13th Jan 18, 12:28 AM
    • 13th Jan 18, 12:28 AM
    Can't use clubcard points, but may want to treat yourself

Niche | Gluten-free Dining
    197-199 Rosebery Avenue
    EC1R 4 TJ

Near Angel Tube Station

Fully Gluten free restaurant. Food was very nice. Am not a coeliac myself, sister is, went here for my Birthday & would recommend to anyone, coeliac or not.
    • Floss
    • By Floss 13th Jan 18, 8:40 AM
    • 4,356 Posts
    • 38,089 Thanks
    • 13th Jan 18, 8:40 AM
    • 13th Jan 18, 8:40 AM
    Ask Italia & Prezzo both do gf & vegan options, also look at Pret, though can be pricey.

Most high street eateries have online menus with their gf & vegan options listed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

333Posts Today

3,152Users online

Martin's Twitter