Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pompeyblue65
    • By pompeyblue65 9th Jan 18, 9:08 AM
    • 41Posts
    • 986Thanks
    pompeyblue65
    Premier Parking Solutions
    • 9th Jan 18, 9:08 AM
    Premier Parking Solutions 9th Jan 18 at 9:08 AM
    We just got a fixed parking notice from Premier Parking Solutions for New Year's Day. Funnily enough, we were staying over at a friends house in another location on New Year's Eve, and then drove home to our own city (different to where the parking notice was issued, but in the same part of the country) the next day. Our friends clearly don't use a parking company to monitor unwanted visitors to their drive, and I think might have let us know if they did!!!

The 'photographs' must have been doctored with our numberplate (it looks like the same make and colour of car). How companies like this can stay in business is beyond me.

I wanted to share this here - maybe others have had similar letters in the post recently!! The question is, do I ignore the notice, reply to them, or do something else? Contact Watchdog??
    Any suggestions appreciated (I originally posted this on an old thread, but have now deleted it).
    2016 Wins: Magnum of Champagne, Meal for 2, 2 x bouquets, 3 x books (Goodreads), 3 teabags, 35p (they all count!! )
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Jan 18, 9:17 AM
    • 16,351 Posts
    • 25,444 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Jan 18, 9:17 AM
    • 9th Jan 18, 9:17 AM
    You need to deal with this. Ignoring it won’t make it go away. How you deal with it is explained in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1.

You are now embroiled at the start of a legal process and unless you face up to it, it could potentially lead to a CCJ, with unpleasant consequences.

Our friends clearly don't use a parking company to monitor unwanted visitors to their drive, and I think might have let us know if they did!!!
    Are you saying literally that your car was ticketed on their private driveway? Do they own the house (freehold/leasehold)? Is it on a residential estate? Ask your friends if PPS are ‘managing’ parking on the estate.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • pompeyblue65
    • By pompeyblue65 9th Jan 18, 1:06 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 986 Thanks
    pompeyblue65
    • 9th Jan 18, 1:06 PM
    Premier Parking Solutions
    • 9th Jan 18, 1:06 PM
    Hi, thanks for the response. Will contact them directly, in writing in the first instance. Our friends house is not on an estate , and is not in Southampton, the city where the ticket was issued. it is a privately owned house, on a private road, in a small village. When we left there on New Year's Day, we drove straight home, to a different city, to onstreet parking, which is not monitored by these companies.

I assumed that this was just some pathetic scam. But now I see it has the potential to be more serious. How I prove our movements that day, and as a result that someone has doctored the photograph to include our licence reg number is going to be interesting. I will have to double check the paperwork first of course, but if I am correct in my assumptions and this is how they operate then it is scandalous.
    2016 Wins: Magnum of Champagne, Meal for 2, 2 x bouquets, 3 x books (Goodreads), 3 teabags, 35p (they all count!! )
    • pompeyblue65
    • By pompeyblue65 9th Jan 18, 6:41 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 986 Thanks
    pompeyblue65
    • 9th Jan 18, 6:41 PM
    Actually
    • 9th Jan 18, 6:41 PM
    Having got home to look at the paperwork, it's actually Premier Park Ltd, who are apparently BPA members. I shall follow the sticky thread on this. Should be interesting...
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Jan 18, 8:40 PM
    • 16,351 Posts
    • 25,444 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:40 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:40 PM
    Our friends house is not on an estate , and is not in Southampton, the city where the ticket was issued. it is a privately owned house,
    Sorry if I’m being a bit obtuse here (it’s been a long day), but if your ticket was issued in Southampton and your friend’s house is not in Southampton, what is your friend’s ‘involvement’ in this?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • pompeyblue65
    • By pompeyblue65 9th Jan 18, 10:13 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 986 Thanks
    pompeyblue65
    • 9th Jan 18, 10:13 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 10:13 PM
    Don't worry, it's been a very long day for me too! This is what is so odd about the whole thing. Our friend is not involved, apart from the fact that we stayed there on New Year's Eve and then drove home later on New Year's Day. After the parking ticket was allegedly issued in the centre of Southampton. So I can only assume that either someone is driving around Southampton on the same plates as we have with our car, or someone at this car parking company has made a genuine mistake, or alternatively is trying to pull a fast one. Will dig further, and if it is some kind of scam, report appropriately.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Jan 18, 10:30 PM
    • 52,881 Posts
    • 66,408 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 9th Jan 18, 10:30 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 10:30 PM
    Complain to Steve Clark at the BPA, he will sort out this sort of issue:

steve.c@britishparking.co.uk

or

aos@britishparking.co.uk (marked 'FTAO Steve Clark: formal complaint about Premier Park Ltd').

if it is some kind of scam,
    Many of us will tell you that the entire industry is a stinking rotten scam; it's why forums like his exist and are soooo busy!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Joe whenjung
    • By Joe whenjung 9th Jan 18, 10:39 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Joe whenjung
    • 9th Jan 18, 10:39 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 10:39 PM
    Have you been in that part of Southampton recently? Could be that they have the date incorrect.

Could also be a cloned number plate. Personally I would contact the police and seek their advice if you haven't been near Southampton recently.
    • pompeyblue65
    • By pompeyblue65 10th Jan 18, 8:25 AM
    • 41 Posts
    • 986 Thanks
    pompeyblue65
    • 10th Jan 18, 8:25 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 8:25 AM
    Thanks for the comments, appreciated. Yes, I have thought about contacting the police. It could be a cloned plate, or a photoshopped picture? I'm aware that this particular parking company may have people checking these blog posts, so am trying to give them the option of admitting to an 'honest' mistake. Whilst I do visit Southampton, I haven't parked there for some time, and always use pay & display parking when I do. I'd be very interested to find out if anyone else has had the same experience, and if this is a new tactic by some of the members of this 'industry'.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

465Posts Today

5,770Users online

Martin's Twitter