Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Thomlinl
    • By Thomlinl 8th Jan 18, 9:28 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Thomlinl
    Completing PPI form with bank
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:28 PM
    Completing PPI form with bank 8th Jan 18 at 9:28 PM
    Just wondering if anyone has any advice about the following: I contacted Bank of Scotland via their website just to ask if they could confirm whether I actually had PPI from a mortgage I had with them years ago. They have written back asking me to complete a 10-page PPI insurance questionnaire about my 'complaint' without having actually answered my question. I guess I will phone to ask the question again but if they confirm I did have PPI, is it common/necessary to have to complete such a long form - most of which I cannot answer after so many years? Any advice gratefully received.
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 8th Jan 18, 9:35 PM
    • 19,119 Posts
    • 10,295 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:35 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:35 PM
    if they confirm I did have PPI, is it common/necessary to have to complete such a long form - most of which I cannot answer after so many years?
    Originally posted by Thomlinl
    You need to realise that it is not somehow "wrong" simply to have PPI.

If you want it refunded, you have to show that it was mis-sold to you.

You do this by providing robust and compelling complaint reasons. If you struggle with any questions asked on the form, it is acceptable to simply leave them blank. However, the more detailed your complaint, the greater your chances of being successful.

The first hurdle you have to clear, though, is to establish whether you actually had the insurance.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 8th Jan 18, 11:12 PM
    • 90,375 Posts
    • 57,163 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 8th Jan 18, 11:12 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 11:12 PM
    I guess I will phone to ask the question again but if they confirm I did have PPI
    Are you not able to tell if you had it?

One of the reasons most MPPi complaints fail is that monthly premium, standalone direct debit is how PPI should be set up. BoS retailed theirs that way.

is it common/necessary to have to complete such a long form - most of which I cannot answer after so many years?
    Yes. If you want to make an allegation of wrongdoing then it helps to supply the facts you can recall. They will look at your evidence. Look at theirs and see if there was a failing or not. If you dont provide anything then there is less chance of success.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

202Posts Today

1,627Users online

Martin's Twitter