Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• iolo77
    • By iolo77 8th Jan 18, 8:14 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Car Hire Insurance
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:14 PM
    Car Hire Insurance 8th Jan 18 at 8:14 PM
    First post as I'm in a bit of a quandary.

Both of our cars were stolen from outside our home last night - one family car, one runaround for work. We didn't have a courtesy car included in our insurance policy (something that we'll definitely sort for next time!) so we've had to rent two cars for a week to buy us some time that will enable us to sort out something more long-term.

We rented through Enterprise but we baulked at the figure that was being quoted for the insurance and therefore we decided to hire them without it. I've since been made aware that you can insure hired cars through other companies and I've seen the information and voucher codes and so on on the main website. However, they all seem to state that we need to sort the insurance out before the rental starts. Does anybody know of anyway around this problem please? Considering the way our luck has being going so far this year - we don't want to risk something happening to the cars and us having to pay out up to £1,000 for each one.

Many thanks!
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 9th Jan 18, 1:14 AM
    • 26,753 Posts
    • 10,757 Thanks
    • 9th Jan 18, 1:14 AM
    • 9th Jan 18, 1:14 AM
    Return the hire car(s).

Get insurance and then go and hire another car(s)?

Check the terms, you may have to pay it first and then claim it back. Does it cover for loss of use?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

617Posts Today

5,440Users online

Martin's Twitter