Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

    • Tezza2k
    • By Tezza2k 8th Jan 18, 7:40 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Buildings Insurance - Excess Protection (or an alternative)?
    • #1
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:40 PM
    Buildings Insurance - Excess Protection (or an alternative)? 8th Jan 18 at 7:40 PM
    The management company for my block of flats are responsible for arranging the Buildings Insurance, but due to previous problems within the block where water leaks have affected surrounding flats the insurance company they go with have set a huge £5000 excess for all water-leak claims.

    I've had no luck with my online searches so wondered if anyone here can advise on the following:-
    • Is there such a thing as separately bought Excess Insurance Protection for buildings (like there is for car rentals)?
    • Alternatively, is anyone aware of a Contents Insurance provider that would cover water leaks (including third party damage) as part of a Contents Only policy?
    Many thanks
Page 1
    • huckster
    • By huckster 8th Jan 18, 9:40 PM
    • 3,070 Posts
    • 1,298 Thanks
    • #2
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:40 PM
    • #2
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:40 PM
    There is a company that offers excess insurance on home Insurance risks of up to £6000.

    Up to you to investigate whether this is suitable or not.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,325Posts Today

7,793Users online

Martin's Twitter