Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 8th Jan 18, 7:21 PM
    • 4,824Posts
    • 21,355Thanks
    Slinky
    0 WOW
    Recommendation for hotel near Pisa airport
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:21 PM
    0 WOW
    Recommendation for hotel near Pisa airport 8th Jan 18 at 7:21 PM
    We're arriving late afternoon at Pisa airport and want to stay somewhere reasonably close before picking up a car at the airport the following day.

Does anybody have a recommendation for something local that's nice? We've always picked up a car on the same day but usually arrive earlier in the day.

TIA
Page 1
    • slinga
    • By slinga 9th Jan 18, 2:37 AM
    • 1,099 Posts
    • 230 Thanks
    slinga
    • 9th Jan 18, 2:37 AM
    • 9th Jan 18, 2:37 AM
    Our airBnB was near the railway station and there is a train from the airport to the rail station. We picked up a car from Pisa airport later in the holiday.
    We found it convenient.
    It's your money. Except if it's the governments.
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 9th Jan 18, 8:13 AM
    • 4,824 Posts
    • 21,355 Thanks
    Slinky
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:13 AM
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:13 AM
    Was looking for a nice hotel rather than airBnB but thanks anyway.
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 9th Jan 18, 8:19 AM
    • 18,973 Posts
    • 43,817 Thanks
    peachyprice
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:19 AM
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:19 AM
    They're a bit thin on the ground near the airport TBH, the only really 'nice' hotel I've found is the NH, a few mins walk from the station, the train from the airport to Pisa station is only 5 mins, if that.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • dondo
    • By dondo 9th Jan 18, 9:55 AM
    • 458 Posts
    • 141 Thanks
    dondo
    • 9th Jan 18, 9:55 AM
    • 9th Jan 18, 9:55 AM
    I was also going to suggest one near the train station as the new Pisa Mover gets you from the airport to the train station very quickly- we used it when we were in Pisa in the summer.

As someone has suggested the NH is just across the road from the station and looking on tripadvisor reviews are generally OK.

We stayed at a place called the B&B Tuscany Gallery as we needed a place for 4 of us which is also near the station. At 1st we weren't sure as it is in quite a lively some might say scary street but once inside was great with a great host.
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 9th Jan 18, 2:36 PM
    • 4,824 Posts
    • 21,355 Thanks
    Slinky
    • 9th Jan 18, 2:36 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 2:36 PM
    Thanks very much both, I think we may give the Tuscany Gallery a try at £67 instead of 125 Euros for the NH seeing we're only going to be there overnight.
    • dondo
    • By dondo 10th Jan 18, 11:46 AM
    • 458 Posts
    • 141 Thanks
    dondo
    • 10th Jan 18, 11:46 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 11:46 AM
    Thanks very much both, I think we may give the Tuscany Gallery a try at £67 instead of 125 Euros for the NH seeing we're only going to be there overnight.
    Originally posted by Slinky
    It is good and the guy who runs it is very helpful- you go to his apartment across the road and he comes and takes you into the B&B. He gave us loads of recommendations on where to eat in Pisa and also where to visit later on in our travels (we too were only in Pisa 1 night before picking up a rental car the next day).

Only slight quibble was that when we paid by card he put it through as £ instead of Euros which doesn't always give best exchange rate.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,536Posts Today

8,785Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @RobiMous2: Yesterday I saved myself £30 a month by switching utilities and cancelling a sim no one in the family used anymore. Inspired?

• RT @elainelawro: @MartinSLewis When I lost my mum suddenly from a burst aneurysm on the brain I was unaware that my mum had signed up to do?

• RT @AlisonKinder: @MartinSLewis I?m on my second kidney transplant in Thirty years. My life has been changed beyond recognition twice by th?

• Follow Martin