Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bazza_white
    • By bazza_white 8th Jan 18, 6:40 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    bazza_white
    cancel credit cards now or later
    • 8th Jan 18, 6:40 PM
    cancel credit cards now or later 8th Jan 18 at 6:40 PM
    I have a DIP but been meaning to cancel my Barclays credit card for a while. i have 2 cards both 0 balance but

barclays £5600 limit
    Natwest £7900 Limit (reducing to 5k ish)

i know some lenders get a bit frisky about amount of credit so should i cancel the Barclays now or leave along until after mortgage sorted.

Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 8th Jan 18, 6:45 PM
    • 14,889 Posts
    • 15,710 Thanks
    zx81
    • 8th Jan 18, 6:45 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 6:45 PM
    I wouldn't go making any credit changes until you have your mortgage, especially as you don't have particularly high limits and are not carrying any debt.

It's also wise to have at least one back up card, so consider applying for another before you cancel the Barclaycard.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,111Posts Today

8,535Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: Following yesterday's poll about being an organ donor when you die - would you consider being? https://t.co/tCTWjJBin8

• RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• Follow Martin