Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• cambb
    • By cambb 8th Jan 18, 6:17 PM
    • 175Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Car Insurance for new car
    • 8th Jan 18, 6:17 PM
    Car Insurance for new car 8th Jan 18 at 6:17 PM
    My new car comes on Thursday however I'm still yet to sell my existing car.. I would like to use my NCD for the new car but its already being used on the existing car.

What do people normally do in this situation
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 9th Jan 18, 1:47 AM
    • 26,738 Posts
    • 10,748 Thanks
    • 9th Jan 18, 1:47 AM
    • 9th Jan 18, 1:47 AM
    Sell the old car first, trade the old car in as part ex.

Ask your insurer if they will cover both cars for a week, often your better off selling the old car quickly.

Costs to insure it may outweigh selling for a lower price right now. Dont forget if the insurance lapses on it you must SORN it which cancels the tax and makes it harder to sell.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • cambb
    • By cambb 9th Jan 18, 7:36 AM
    • 175 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    • 9th Jan 18, 7:36 AM
    • 9th Jan 18, 7:36 AM
    Thanks for the reply.

I spoke to Admiral, my current insurance is with Quote me Happy but they don't insure under 18, and they said if i present them the NCD cert within 30 days of starting the insurance that would be OK. Is that right?
    • Eldog
    • By Eldog 11th Jan 18, 4:11 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    • 11th Jan 18, 4:11 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 4:11 PM
    That's usually the case. When I took my insurance out on my new car I was in the same position. I was told that as long as I submit proof of ncb within 30 days, there would be no problems with switching it over.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,255Posts Today

9,712Users online

Martin's Twitter