Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 8th Jan 18, 4:39 PM
    • 2,096Posts
    • 1,340Thanks
    Robin9
    Liberty Meter
    • 8th Jan 18, 4:39 PM
    Liberty Meter 8th Jan 18 at 4:39 PM
    I misread my MIL's Gas Meter in the Autumn and sent a reading of 05739 instead of 04739 - the computer accepted it and in due course a statement was produced.

The supplier (Flow) has asked me to send a photo of the meter - which is under the stairs and difficult to get at. The Liberty requires me to press 9 to get the reading which does not stay visible for long enough for me to get the camera in place.

Any practical ideas as to how I can get a photo of meter and reading?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
Page 1
    • House Martin
    • By House Martin 8th Jan 18, 6:04 PM
    • 932 Posts
    • 824 Thanks
    House Martin
    • 8th Jan 18, 6:04 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 6:04 PM
    I have had the same problem a multitude of times with this dreadful meter. What you can do is set the phone camera to video and film the whole lot , then stop it at the required screen which will show 8 digits no less ! You can then photo that single screenshot and send it to them
    I don`t normally have to photograph it like some of my colleagues attempt to do because they use their smart phones and do not carry a ,nice big extending mirror with which I use a torch. I am practiced in reading numbers back to front tho.. With this I can get the reading after it flits through once button 9 is pressed.
    Remember not to get the other readings it shows such as a Kwah reading mixed up with Kwh. That is only useful for business meters .This meter is not suitable for domestic properties
    Personally I have never seen an IHD on a Secure meter. Occupiers have never offered me one but they are usually people who have switched to BG/Scot Power / EDF from Ovo /Utilita etc so maybe they have dumped it as its now not working properly once in dumb mode
    Last edited by House Martin; 08-01-2018 at 8:36 PM.
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 8th Jan 18, 9:24 PM
    • 2,096 Posts
    • 1,340 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:24 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:24 PM
    Thankyou HouseMartin - much as I thought.

I don't think those on Customer Service have ever seen a Liberty meter.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    • House Martin
    • By House Martin 9th Jan 18, 8:26 AM
    • 932 Posts
    • 824 Thanks
    House Martin
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:26 AM
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:26 AM
    Thankyou HouseMartin - much as I thought.

I don't think those on Customer Service have ever seen a Liberty meter.
    Originally posted by Robin9
    I would love the person at Eon who advised the boss to start using these meters to come with me to read a few behind the big tellys with the meter near ground level.

Electric meters are placed in all sorts of awkard positions.
    And when did a domestic meter need 8 digits and a KvarH reading ! Most people dont know what a KWH unit is never mind KVarH. It also has import/export KWh reads which will cause confusion.
    The meter itself is a small business meter designed and made in India mainly for use in small businesses in India where KVarH is a useful more relevant reading. It is not suitable for UK domestic properties
    Last edited by House Martin; 09-01-2018 at 8:51 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,091Posts Today

8,264Users online

Martin's Twitter