Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GBR2L
    • By GBR2L 8th Jan 18, 3:40 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    GBR2L
    Sub Accounts
    • 8th Jan 18, 3:40 PM
    Sub Accounts 8th Jan 18 at 3:40 PM
    ML was talking about sub accounts for budgeting and putting money in on a regular basis to build up pots of money that can be drawn against to pay for holidays etc.

Can anyone recommend a building society/bank that offers such facilities?

Thanks
Page 1
    • R34GTT
    • By R34GTT 8th Jan 18, 5:37 PM
    • 418 Posts
    • 239 Thanks
    R34GTT
    • 8th Jan 18, 5:37 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 5:37 PM
    Yorkshire bank’s B account offers savings ‘pots’.

I believe Starling do something similar with their goals.
    • radoslaff
    • By radoslaff 8th Jan 18, 8:34 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    radoslaff
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:34 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:34 PM
    All the regular saver accounts do the same job with a much bigger interest than the Yorkshire Bank's B account. Take HSBC, First Direct, Nationwide, even Lloyds if you want.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
    • Kim_13
    • By Kim_13 8th Jan 18, 8:55 PM
    • 1,678 Posts
    • 1,911 Thanks
    Kim_13
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:55 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 8:55 PM
    Many posters here will use multiple bank accounts across multiple banking groups to achieve this.

For a bills account Santander 123/123 Lite or Natwest Rewards are popular, as they pay cashback on bills for a monthly fee. If not using such an account, then the Halifax Reward and Co Op Everyday Rewards for the reward payment when satisfying a minimum pay in and paying out direct debits.

For savings one of the interest paying current accounts, though many of these (Tesco for new customers, Bank Of Scotland) now require Direct Debits. Nationwide FlexDirect with no direct debit requirement and 5% on £2,500 for a year wins to begin with.

For spending, most would be looking for some kind of cashback via credit cards, but if wanting to spend on a debit card, TSB Classic Plus (for new customers since March 2017, until June 2018) currently offers some cashback, as does the Co Op Everyday Rewards. A Tesco Debit card earns Clubcard points on spending, though in most cases the other two would win.

The MSE guide to the best bank accounts may be useful: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts
    Sealed Pot 11 #520 ~ /£100
    VSP 2018 #9 ~ £0/£180.00
    CCCC 2018 #1 ~ £8.00/£180.00

I'm a Board Guide on the Savings and Investments , Budgeting and Bank Accounts , Credit Cards and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this.) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • AirlieBird
    • By AirlieBird 9th Jan 18, 4:20 AM
    • 786 Posts
    • 606 Thanks
    AirlieBird
    • 9th Jan 18, 4:20 AM
    • 9th Jan 18, 4:20 AM
    Not any use to you now, I know, but Virgin Money will be offering 'money pools' in the account for their new Digital Bank that is planned to launch next year.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,528Posts Today

8,866Users online

Martin's Twitter