Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • trent
    • By trent 8th Jan 18, 3:40 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    trent
    Alternative to First Direct Internet Banking Plus on Mac
    • 8th Jan 18, 3:40 PM
    Alternative to First Direct Internet Banking Plus on Mac 8th Jan 18 at 3:40 PM
    Hi there, I have recently moved from PC to Mac and found that the really useful First Direct Internet Banking Plus service which allows me to view and login to all my bank accounts does not work on a Mac! ( in the past I used the Egg money manager until that was discontinued)

Are there any alternatives, that will save me manually logging in to multiple bank accounts.

As an aside, I have seen some online aggregation services, but for me, the most useful part is being able to login with one click to multiple banks - and the aggregators did not seem to offer that.

thanks
Page 2
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 7th Feb 18, 1:48 PM
    • 3,594 Posts
    • 4,885 Thanks
    Nick_C
    You can only use this in Internet Explorer only as it requires ActiveX. Your bank details are stored securely on your PC, not by FD. If you use multiple PCs you have to set up your details on each PC. It's brilliant, one log in and you can see the lot. The only downside is it isn't supported on any other web browser.
    Originally posted by Rosie1980
    Specifically, Internet Explorer running on Windows. Apparently it doesn't work with IE on a Mac.

I've just got a new laptop with Win 10, and FDIBP wasn't working very well. It works much better with the 32 bit version of Internet Explorer which you can probably find at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer"
    • Rosie1980
    • By Rosie1980 7th Feb 18, 3:01 PM
    • 121 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Rosie1980
    I just came across this Trent
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/banking/2017/09/new-hsbc-app-will-show-all-your-accounts---even-if-theyre-with-its-rivals
    Maybe it will be released soon and as it's by HSBC it might be similar to what FD provided!
    • davereader
    • By davereader 8th Feb 18, 4:46 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    davereader
    I tried Yolt recently and that allows you to view mulitple accounts via an app on your phone.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

393Posts Today

4,459Users online

Martin's Twitter