Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Melinda A
    • By Melinda A 8th Jan 18, 2:09 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Melinda A
    Please help! Parking fine again after 2.5 years and an appeal through popla!
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:09 PM
    Please help! Parking fine again after 2.5 years and an appeal through popla! 8th Jan 18 at 2:09 PM
    I had a PCN in July 2015 from Park Direct UK. A fine for stopping 2 mins and 6 seconds!!!!!. I appealed this with them. It was rejected so I appealed it through POPLA in July 2015. I received a confirmation from POPLA. I chased it regularly as it said this should only take two weeks. In October 2015 I emailed Popla who emailed back to say its on hold for now and also Park Direct UK had failed to send any evidence to them in support. Up until now I have had no correspondence from them. However today I have got a debt recovery letter from DRP to say we need to pay up or they will send someone round to collect it. I phoned POPLA who said they are now a different company and it changed in Ocober 2015 and all my original paperwork cant be found. They suggested calling Right Hassle Solicitors as they both shared taking over cases when the system changes came in but they have no details of this either So my question is what do I do now? I did all things I was supposed to do and its 2.5 years later and its stared again. I have copies of all my paperwork. Has anyone got any ideas what I should do??????
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 8th Jan 18, 2:24 PM
    • 41,229 Posts
    • 82,311 Thanks
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:24 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:24 PM
    This is a duplicate thread.

Please delete it, or delete the content and change the title to let people know not to post here.

Please just stick to your one thread. There are only a few regulars here and it may take a while for them to get round to your problem.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 8th Jan 18, 2:29 PM
    • 2,740 Posts
    • 4,112 Thanks
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:29 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:29 PM
    Well for a start you didn't get a fine, it was an invoice, and as this period falls within grace periods it would be thrown out anyway.

All over this forum it tells you to ignore debt collectors who are powerless and will not turn up on your doorstep.

You could try a firm complaint to the BPA as this is totally out of order and really partly their problem by changing POPLA assessors.

Though I doubt you will get anywhere as the scammers at PD changed to the IPC in 2016, sounds like DRP are just mopping up old cases, though did they really threaten to call round as that's naughty?
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 8th Jan 18, 2:32 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,289 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:32 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:32 PM
    Small company run and owned by Abraham Saliba. They have a "colourful" past if you google their name. Tend to stick to the London area. Moved from the BPA to the IPC on 01/05/2016.

sorry , duplicate answser

do NOIT ring wright hastle , and secondly NOONE will knock on your door for money (apart from the milkman)

do NOT ring DR+ either
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,329Posts Today

7,801Users online

Martin's Twitter