Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Melinda A
    • By Melinda A 8th Jan 18, 1:42 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Melinda A
    Help needed for pcn and popla appeal thats been on hold for 2.5 years
    • 8th Jan 18, 1:42 PM
    Help needed for pcn and popla appeal thats been on hold for 2.5 years 8th Jan 18 at 1:42 PM
    Hi
    I had a PCN in July 2015 from Park Direct UK. A fine for stopping 2 mins and 6 seconds!!!!!. I appealed this with them. It was rejected so I appealed it through POPLA in July 2015. I received a confirmation from POPLA. I chased it regularly as it said this should only take two weeks. In October 2015 I emailed Popla who emailed back to say its on hold for now and also Park Direct UK had failed to send any evidence to them in support. Up until now I have had no correspondence from them. However today I have got a debt recovery letter from DRP to say we need to pay up or they will send someone round to collect it. I phoned POPLA who said they are now a different company and it changed in Ocober 2015 and all my original paperwork cant be found. They suggested calling Right Hassle Solicitors as they both shared taking over cases when the system changes came in but they have no details of this either So my question is what do I do now? I did all things I was supposed to do and its 2.5 years later and its stared again. I have copies of all my paperwork. Has anyone got any ideas what I should do??????
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 8th Jan 18, 2:28 PM
    • 40,726 Posts
    • 81,320 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:28 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:28 PM
    Never ever 'phone anyone.

Ignore debt collectors. The NEWBIES thread specifically explains why it is safe to do so. They can't come to your door, and they are lying if they say otherwise.

Complain to the DVLA (David Dunford) and the BPA (Steve Clarke) that you are being harassed for a parking charge (it is not a fine) that was submitted to PoPLA over two years ago and you assumed therefore that this had been cancelled as you have never heard from PoPLA or the parking scammers since.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 8th Jan 18, 2:30 PM
    • 2,648 Posts
    • 3,952 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:30 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:30 PM
    Well for a start you didn't get a fine, it was an invoice, and as this period falls within grace periods it would be thrown out anyway.

All over this forum it tells you to ignore debt collectors who are powerless and will not turn up on your doorstep.

You could try a firm complaint to the BPA as this is totally out of order and really partly their problem by changing POPLA assessors.

Though I doubt you will get anywhere as the scammers at PD changed to the IPC in 2016, sounds like DRP are just mopping up old cases, though did they really threaten to call round as that's naughty?
    Last edited by fisherjim; 08-01-2018 at 2:31 PM. Reason: Dupicated for what it's worth, why do OP's do multiple threads?
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 8th Jan 18, 2:55 PM
    • 1,948 Posts
    • 3,434 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:55 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:55 PM
    You could try a firm complaint to the BPA as this is totally out of order and really partly their problem by changing POPLA assessors.
    Seem to recall that old POPLA passed on the remaining paperwork to the BPA as it was "owned" by them. Your appeal may be with the BPA so a quick email to aos@britishparking.co.uk may yield a copy or confirmation it was received by old POPLA,
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Jan 18, 1:19 AM
    • 52,907 Posts
    • 66,430 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 9th Jan 18, 1:19 AM
    • 9th Jan 18, 1:19 AM
    However today I have got a debt recovery letter from DRP to say we need to pay up or they will send someone round to collect it.
    No they didn't.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Melinda A
    • By Melinda A 10th Jan 18, 10:22 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Melinda A
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:22 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:22 AM
    Hi Thank you for your responses. On double checking it says they could call round if I dont pay, or they will recommend to their clients (Park Direct UK) to go to court. All in all a pain! Do you think I should ignore this now or do something about it? The newvies thread suggests just to ignore it. Any extra help on this will be appreciated.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 10th Jan 18, 10:37 AM
    • 1,948 Posts
    • 3,434 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:37 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:37 AM
    Any extra help on this will be appreciated.
    Suggest you read the Newbies thread again or at least until you understand the meaning of "ignore this".
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Jan 18, 10:47 AM
    • 7,657 Posts
    • 6,734 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:47 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:47 AM
    today I have got a debt recovery letter from DRP to say we need to pay up or they will send someone round to collect

Did they really say that, those exact words? If so, complain in the strongest terms in writing to your local Trading Standards Department.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Melinda A
    • By Melinda A 10th Jan 18, 10:51 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Melinda A
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:51 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 10:51 AM
    OK Thank you for all your help guys im going to ignore them as recommended as Ive still got all my paperwork etc about my appeal so in fact if they do go to court it should be quite enjoyable! If they come round ill ignore them too!!
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 10th Jan 18, 10:55 AM
    • 1,542 Posts
    • 1,699 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    They wont come around.
    DRP lie. Repeatedly.
    • Melinda A
    • By Melinda A 10th Jan 18, 10:58 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Melinda A
    I gathered that! I wonder how many get to court lol!!:
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 10th Jan 18, 11:06 AM
    • 8,091 Posts
    • 8,486 Thanks
    pappa golf
    DR+ are members of the BPA and should be upholding BPA standards (sorry)

misleading customers by threatening to call round and try to collect monies for a non enforced invoice , falls way below BPA standards

perhaps informing the BPA of there letter may assist you (in mind)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

133Posts Today

1,925Users online

Martin's Twitter