Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• BigMark
    • By BigMark 8th Jan 18, 1:40 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 0Thanks
    No Central Heating - Grant available?
    • 8th Jan 18, 1:40 PM
    No Central Heating - Grant available? 8th Jan 18 at 1:40 PM
    My parents lived in a house with a house with no central heating, just 2 gas fires downstairs, a Calor gad fire in the bathroom and electric plug radiators upstairs. They were fine with it, but my dad passed away in 2015 and my mother who is 85 has finally come around to the idea of central heating.

I've been looking to see what grants/help is available and there seems to be lots of websites offering grants etc but they all appear to be scams to me. Is there such a thing as "Affordable Warmth Grants" fro example?

So thought I'd ask here to see if there is any genuine help / government scheme available or all just scams?
Page 1
    • NineDeuce
    • By NineDeuce 8th Jan 18, 1:41 PM
    • 800 Posts
    • 723 Thanks
    • 8th Jan 18, 1:41 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 1:41 PM
    Call your local council.
    • jk0
    • By jk0 8th Jan 18, 3:18 PM
    • 2,235 Posts
    • 24,436 Thanks
    • 8th Jan 18, 3:18 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 3:18 PM
    One of my elderly sitting tenants was going to take one of these free schemes. As he lived alone, they were intending to only heat a single bedroom in a 6 bedroom house!

I would try Help Link for a quote.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

356Posts Today

4,776Users online

Martin's Twitter