Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gar200
    • By gar200 8th Jan 18, 12:15 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    gar200
    Wowcher Mystery Holidays - Weekender Breaks
    • 8th Jan 18, 12:15 PM
    Wowcher Mystery Holidays - Weekender Breaks 8th Jan 18 at 12:15 PM
    We just paid £198 (£99 each) to Wowcher for a Mystery Holiday Lottery style draw for holidays ranging from 3-4 nights long haul to 2 night European breaks.
    We went on the assumption it would likely be a Euro City break but was still a bargain.
    The deal was with weekenderbreaks.com.
    The "draw" took place and we were contacted over a week later not to be notified of which holiday we had "won", but to book a holiday based on our departure airport/date choice.
    ##Warning##
    We were given a late afternoon departure time and then immediately offered a early morning flight for a supplement of £68 - of course on a 2 night stay you'd take this option otherwise you've lost an entire day of little time you have. They also upsold breakfast at £18.
    This had to be agreed immediately on the phone - they held the line until you replied to their email to confirm.
    Researching the holiday then we found NO flights at the original departure time, the hotel also offers complimentary breakfast.
    Booking direct the flights/hotels booked cost less than the original £198 paid, so the Weekender Breaks have just pocketed the difference and the additional supplements.

That to me amounts to deception to obtain funds = FRAUD.

Have emailed full complaint and waiting to see what they do. But I would AVOID these deals!
Page 1
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 8th Jan 18, 2:16 PM
    • 782 Posts
    • 1,388 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:16 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:16 PM
    In future do your research before buying any Wowcher "deals", they're rarely entirely honest and often very poor value. Have you priced up the cost of buying the elements separately?
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 8th Jan 18, 3:10 PM
    • 3,772 Posts
    • 3,835 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 8th Jan 18, 3:10 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 3:10 PM
    Have you priced up the cost of buying the elements separately?
    Originally posted by BorisThomson
    Given that the OP says ...

Booking direct the flights/hotels booked cost less than the original £198 paid,
    Originally posted by gar200
    ... I imagine that they have.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

441Posts Today

5,646Users online

Martin's Twitter