Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kevie192
    • By Kevie192 8th Jan 18, 11:35 AM
    • 1,137Posts
    • 2,535Thanks
    Kevie192
    Student Loans DD - Salary Increase
    • 8th Jan 18, 11:35 AM
    Student Loans DD - Salary Increase 8th Jan 18 at 11:35 AM
    Hi all,

Hopefully this is just a quick question and someone will know the answers!

I would like to switch my student loans contributions to a DD because I'm within 2 years of paying it off.

However, I would like to know what happens if my salary increases, I receive a bonus one month etc etc?

They've told me that I don't need to tell them and contributions will just carry on at the same level but I want some reassurance from someone else too. I don't want to just leave it if I do get a bonus and then have them chasing me for money at the end of the year!

Thanks,

Kevin
Page 1
    • Kevie192
    • By Kevie192 11th Jan 18, 11:58 AM
    • 1,137 Posts
    • 2,535 Thanks
    Kevie192
    • 11th Jan 18, 11:58 AM
    • 11th Jan 18, 11:58 AM
    Just in case anyone has this question and stumbles upon the thread, I wanted to update with the answer.

If your salary increases during the time you're paying the DD, nothing changes. The DD is set and the amount will not increase unless you request it to.

Kevin
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

734Posts Today

6,760Users online

Martin's Twitter