Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • halexis91
    • By halexis91 8th Jan 18, 11:31 AM
    • 32Posts
    • 2Thanks
    halexis91
    Parking Charge Notice - myparkingcharge.co.uk
    • 8th Jan 18, 11:31 AM
    Parking Charge Notice - myparkingcharge.co.uk 8th Jan 18 at 11:31 AM
    Hi, I haven't had a car that long so I'm hoping someone may be able to shed some light or give me some advice on how to handle this.

The week before Christmas I parked in a private car park in Leeds city centre. I paid for my ticke and displayed it in my windscreen but when I got back there was a warden hovering and a parking charge notice on my window

I spoke with the warden and asked him why i'd been ticketed. He advised the section I'd poked in was for permit holders only - apparently it was private land at the bottom of the private car park. I apologised but advised the warden that signage should be clearer as there was nothing major to say I couldn't park there. He advised I should appeal which I did online.

I've just received the attached email from them (link below). I'm slightly annoyed with myself as my boyfriend just advised that if I didn't appeal they probably wouldn't have been able to send a notice because they wouldn't have been able to find my address details out.

Anyway, I'm hoping someone can give advice on what my next step should be. Should I just wait for the notice and pay it or should I stand my ground? I hear all sorts about private companies ticketing for the sake of it but have no experience at all.
    Thanks in advance!

https://ibb.co/nwWemm
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 8th Jan 18, 11:33 AM
    • 2,252 Posts
    • 2,712 Thanks
    waamo
    • 8th Jan 18, 11:33 AM
    • 8th Jan 18, 11:33 AM
    At the top of this board is a thread that tells Newbies to read it first. It contains a step by step guide to deal with tickets.
    This space for hire.
    • halexis91
    • By halexis91 8th Jan 18, 11:45 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    halexis91
    • 8th Jan 18, 11:45 AM
    • 8th Jan 18, 11:45 AM
    Oh apologies, I'll have a read of it now!
    • halexis91
    • By halexis91 8th Jan 18, 12:00 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    halexis91
    • 8th Jan 18, 12:00 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 12:00 PM
    I've had a read through the newbie sticky, thanks for the recommendation.

However, I'm slightly worried after reading the following;

BUT IPC members are different:

In the case of CURRENT IPC AOS MEMBERS ONLY, we now advise to WAIT a month or so, for a Notice to Keeper to arrive and then challenge once online or by email, as the KEEPER, not driver, using the template appeal for IPC members, as shown below.

The fact I appealed the decision on the day, does this mean I now can't appeal using the template provided in the stickies thread? I wish I'd of seen the thread before appealing! I'm slightly worried that I've dropped myself in it and accepted liability in my appeal letter. Unfortunately, they dont even send a copy and I cant remember what I've said to them!

I'm guessing I should wait for them to send the notice through the post. So confusing.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Jan 18, 12:11 AM
    • 52,869 Posts
    • 66,386 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:11 AM
    • 9th Jan 18, 12:11 AM
    Makes no difference, as IPC firms will not cancel and IAS is considered a kangaroo court. Wait till BW Legal try a small claim this year (or whenever) and then you win with our help. Don't panic, we win on this forum.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• halexis91
    • By halexis91 9th Jan 18, 2:45 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    halexis91
    • 9th Jan 18, 2:45 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 2:45 PM
    Sorry I'm not too sure what you mean. I've just received their appeal rejection letter. Can someone help me with what to do next?
    Are you advising I should wait until they start charging me for the money. Really starting to panic now
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 9th Jan 18, 2:49 PM
    • 1,540 Posts
    • 1,690 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 9th Jan 18, 2:49 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 2:49 PM
    WHy on earth are you panicking? Havent you read around on these lot?

Hang tight. Ignore debt collectors. Come back if you get a letter before action or a court claim form. We have around a 99% win rate on here at small claims.
    • halexis91
    • By halexis91 9th Jan 18, 3:18 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    halexis91
    • 9th Jan 18, 3:18 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 3:18 PM
    As I'm reading the stickies I'm realising I've done a lot of things the newbie stickies have said not to do (appealing right away, supplying personal details, admitting to being the driver etc). Wish I'd have read here before I appealed.

I have a lot of faith in you guys but I guess it's just because I'm a new driver and experiencing this sort of thing for the first time.

I will take yours and @coupon-mad's advice and ignore any debt collection letters that may come through.

THANK YOU
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

202Posts Today

1,554Users online

Martin's Twitter