Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jlewsey15
    • By jlewsey15 8th Jan 18, 9:54 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 2Thanks
    jlewsey15
    Quick Question
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:54 AM
    Quick Question 8th Jan 18 at 9:54 AM
    Morning all

I've read the Newbie posts but just want to double check I'm doing the right thing:

Quick background:
    railway car park, wrong VRM entered, parking date was 07/12/17.
    Received a 'Parking Charge Notice' dated 03/01/18 about the infractions.

So just to sum up what I do:

1. Use the 'blue' text from the Newbie post and send this to Apcoa via post today (literally copy/paste with no additions other than my name, address, VRM and PCN NO.)
    1a. There is no way to appeal via email or online, unless I have missed something.
    2. Do not make any mention of VRM error nor who was driving.
    3. Once sent, get a POPLA appeal ready and then when Apcoa reject my appeal use the code they give me on my POPLA appeal and issue.

Is that all good?
    Anything I need to add?
    Do I make mention of the fact they didn't issue me with the PCN inside the 16 days?

Thank you all
    Last edited by jlewsey15; 08-01-2018 at 11:25 AM.
Page 1
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 8th Jan 18, 10:08 AM
    • 1,539 Posts
    • 1,689 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 8th Jan 18, 10:08 AM
    • 8th Jan 18, 10:08 AM
    EDIT YOUR POST

remove any clue as to the drivers identity. Now.

It specifically states parking charge, and not penalty under byelaws?

Yes, use the blue appeal. If there is no online appeal, then there isnt one.
    2) correct
    3) Yes, you will appeal on no keeper liability, as there isnt any at stations.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Jan 18, 10:10 AM
    • 16,332 Posts
    • 25,424 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 8th Jan 18, 10:10 AM
    • 8th Jan 18, 10:10 AM
    Is that all good?

Yes

Anything I need to add?

No

Do I make mention of the fact they didn't issue me with the PCN inside the 16 days?

It’s actally 14 days commencing with day following the parking event - but are they attempting to invoke a Keeper Liability, do they suggest the keeper might be liable under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012? If they aren’t suggesting this, then the 14 days point is irrelevant.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • jlewsey15
    • By jlewsey15 8th Jan 18, 10:21 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    jlewsey15
    • 8th Jan 18, 10:21 AM
    • 8th Jan 18, 10:21 AM
    Post amended so should be ok now?

Header on paper is:

"PARKING CHARGE NOTICE
    First Great Western
    Creditor: APCOA PArking (UK) Ltd

'Notice is hereby served to the registered keeper of VRM XXXX XXX.
    For the alleged contravention of Use of Private Car Park without a valid payment/permit
    At ................
    on ................ at ..:..
    The alleged contravention is the BREACH OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE of the car park where signs are clearly displayed throughout the area showing these terms and conditions."

Then on the back is all the stuff about not knowing the driver or current serviceable address, requesting payment or info on driver. £100 charge which will be £50 if paid in 14 days etc.
    Blurb about getting my details from DVLA under reg 27(1)(e) of the Road Vehicles Regs 2002.

Assume that changes nothing about what I have to do.

Thanks again
    Last edited by jlewsey15; 08-01-2018 at 11:00 AM.
    • jlewsey15
    • By jlewsey15 8th Jan 18, 11:26 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    jlewsey15
    • 8th Jan 18, 11:26 AM
    • 8th Jan 18, 11:26 AM
    Assume that makes sense?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Jan 18, 1:33 PM
    • 16,332 Posts
    • 25,424 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 8th Jan 18, 1:33 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 1:33 PM
    There’s nothing you have replicated from the NtK that suggests APCOA are attempting to invoke KL, so if that is the case forget the 14 days point. Just use the blue text initial appeal - without any alteration or addition - from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • jlewsey15
    • By jlewsey15 8th Jan 18, 2:29 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    jlewsey15
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:29 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:29 PM
    thank you all, much appreciated. I have sent the letter so will keep you updated and also post my POPLA appeal once I have put it together.

Happy new year all.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,111Posts Today

8,535Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: Following yesterday's poll about being an organ donor when you die - would you consider being? https://t.co/tCTWjJBin8

• RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• Follow Martin