Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MissConundrum
    • By MissConundrum 8th Jan 18, 2:17 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MissConundrum
    Bad credit RE-mortgaging
    • 8th Jan 18, 2:17 AM
    Bad credit RE-mortgaging 8th Jan 18 at 2:17 AM
    I have bad credit (stupidity few years back, approx £2.5k here and there that went to court and £9k loan with creditor).

I have a help to buy flat, bought @ £101k can sell £180k. New house mortgage I could get is approx £160k. Fine.

I have to pay builder £15k and government £15k when I move/sell - also fine.

BUT I applied for remortgage to then own solely and pay off the £30k to own fully to then look for a house and move, easiest way. However when applying for additional borrowing of course credit check failed! So do I sell flat, store equity, pay off all bits of debt laying with court and loan and £900 credit card. Then build credit up again to apply again in a year or so.....or stay and try for a guarantor mortgage, get mortgage through Dad but deposit may need to be bigger....pay off debt when sell and move? Spinning head!!!!!
    PS sensible now so I more debt! Not even CC in future!!
Page 1
    • anselld
    • By anselld 8th Jan 18, 7:31 AM
    • 5,497 Posts
    • 5,081 Thanks
    anselld
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:31 AM
    • 8th Jan 18, 7:31 AM
    Why do you need to remortgage or sell? Why not just sort out your credit record first?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,659Posts Today

7,944Users online

Martin's Twitter