Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ka381
    • By Ka381 7th Jan 18, 9:27 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ka381
    Shared ownership extra borrowing
    • 7th Jan 18, 9:27 PM
    Shared ownership extra borrowing 7th Jan 18 at 9:27 PM
    Hi

We currently have a 50% share worth £165k our mortgage is £78k and we have £30k in debt so we wanted to borrow on our mortgage to clear the debt. We had this agreed with Leeds until we all realised our lease doesnít contain a mortgagee protection clause. We canít find an alternative but I canít believe there is nothing we can do considering weíve made over £60k profit.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
Page 1
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 7th Jan 18, 10:17 PM
    • 4,099 Posts
    • 2,571 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 7th Jan 18, 10:17 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 10:17 PM
    hit the debt free wannabee forums to really hit that debt. That's a lot of debt for only 05 ownership. Consider you will have 100% costs with running a household and repairs from the freeholder
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,574Posts Today

6,001Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin