Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hubb
    • By hubb 7th Jan 18, 9:18 PM
    • 1,825Posts
    • 359Thanks
    hubb
    Home and contents at business address
    • 7th Jan 18, 9:18 PM
    Home and contents at business address 7th Jan 18 at 9:18 PM
    I work from home in an upstairs room producing various media (audio/photos/video) I cover my camera gear and other possessions outside the home like ipad,camera,lenses,sound recorder.

I am trying to get quotes but find it difficult to qualify my circumstances for the questions they ask. Do I put photographer or music publisher for instance ? Do I list only my most expensive camera gear above £1000 (the figure most state) and the rest as possessions with a blanket cover around the home and away ?

The reason I ask is when I visited LV= via Topcashback I got to the question regarding is your home for business use and it wouldn't let me progress unless I spoke to an advisor (lines were closed) so I failed to get my fee down with the cashback. I have insured camera gear via an independent company in the past but it's more expensive than going via home contents insurance. My home work is 100% clerical office with no outside visitors.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Jan 18, 9:32 PM
    • 34,187 Posts
    • 18,130 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 7th Jan 18, 9:32 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 9:32 PM
    If you have two occupations, put one as your main and the other as part time
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

25Posts Today

4,937Users online

Martin's Twitter