Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • deano9133
    • By deano9133 7th Jan 18, 9:06 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 7Thanks
    deano9133
    When was the first time you remember being in a car?
    • 7th Jan 18, 9:06 PM
    When was the first time you remember being in a car? 7th Jan 18 at 9:06 PM
    I think three memories being once hearing on the radio someone being rested and thinking it meant being arrested
    Also coming back from holiday in about 2003 listening to the scores
    Also asking my dad to drop me off down the road from the caravan park we were staying at
Page 2
    • lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 8th Jan 18, 4:13 PM
    • 10,195 Posts
    • 8,280 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    I think it was a late 1930s Hillman Minx borrowed from a neighbour in which parents, grandparents and myself were travelling to spend our holiday in grandparents' caravan (or may have been returning from). Unfortunately the steering was faulty (early 1950s - no MOT tests) and we had a collision with a motorcyclist. Despite the steering fault we continued our journey after motorcyclist was taken to hospital by ambulance.

The second occasion would be in my father's boss's nearly new Wolseley 4/44, with parents being given a lift to bus station to catch bus to go on holiday to grandparents' caravan again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,229Posts Today

9,103Users online

Martin's Twitter