Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CMJS
    • By CMJS 7th Jan 18, 8:01 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 1Thanks
    CMJS
    How long is fair for electrician to issue periodic inspection report?
    • 7th Jan 18, 8:01 PM
    How long is fair for electrician to issue periodic inspection report? 7th Jan 18 at 8:01 PM
    Hi,

We're currently waiting on a periodic inspection report on a property that we are hoping to buy. Our NICEIC electrician tested the property on Tues 19th Dec (12 working days ago) and we are still chasing the report. It is now holding up exchange so we're getting rather annoyed.

Is it fair to give him 2 working weeks, for what seems to me should be no more than 1/2 hrs work? I realise he may have taken a few days off over Christmas but has but he hasn't advised us of any holiday. He keeps saying "I'll try and do it by X day".

Or should I just arrange for another electrician to go in and pay him a little extra for issuing the report within a day?

Thanks very much
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,306Posts Today

9,819Users online

Martin's Twitter