Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Maryes85
    • By Maryes85 7th Jan 18, 5:55 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Maryes85
    Life insurance advice
    • 7th Jan 18, 5:55 PM
    Life insurance advice 7th Jan 18 at 5:55 PM
    Hi
    Iím 32, do not have a mortgage or dependants as yet (one day I plan to). I am also in good health.
    I am now earning good salary so would like to take out life insurance policy with critical illness cover. Wherever I look itís all depending on mortgage and children for the length and amount of cover.

Please can someone advice what length and amount of cover I would need?

Kind regards
    Mary smith
Page 1
    • Malc00
    • By Malc00 7th Jan 18, 6:13 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Malc00
    • 7th Jan 18, 6:13 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 6:13 PM
    What is making you look into life and CIC cover? That might help you understand what term you require and how much you need.

I would suggest that if you are looking for an income replacement if you were ill to explore income protection. This provides a monthly income if you aren't well enough to work after a deferred period as opposed to a lump sum through Critical Illness Cover and it has to be one of the conditions covered.
    • EdGasketTheSecond
    • By EdGasketTheSecond 7th Jan 18, 6:43 PM
    • 376 Posts
    • 212 Thanks
    EdGasketTheSecond
    • 7th Jan 18, 6:43 PM
    • 7th Jan 18, 6:43 PM
    You don't need life insurance with no dependants. Sounds like you want illness/injury cover only which is different. Life insurance pays out a lump sum only if you die; not much use to you then.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

239Posts Today

1,611Users online

Martin's Twitter